Flying insect or bat?

Hello, there’s a strange sound that I can hear most nights in my garden, a short and sharp high pitched sound that flies over pretty quickly. It’s in short bursts and repeats every minute or so. I’m pretty sure it’s a bat since the sound goes over quickly, but I don’t know what these sound like. I’ve attached two recordings, one with an annoying helicopter which is slowed down so you can hear it better. Any ideas? 
Thanks 

• Ellis if you are hearing this without a bat detector I have my doubts that it is a UK species of bat.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• With noise cancelling headphones on, I could just about hear a single chirp type sound, but other than that, nothing.

I'm with Pete, very doubtful its a bat.

• Echo meters and noise cancelling headphones, we seem to have some good gear available on here.This old dinosaur gets a bit out of depth at times but is great to have such things available.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Wendy S said:
    Echo meters and noise cancelling headphones, we seem to have some good gear available on here.This old dinosaur gets a bit out of depth at times but is great to have such things available.

Fear not Pete, I still cannot abide Zoom calls!

The noise cancelling headphones, complete with microphone, are for phone calls taken on the computer, not something I've ever done, yet, but what they do is sample the ambient noise in the room and cancel out those frequencies, so any external noise around me is removed and all I hear is what is being piped from the computer. As for the person I'd be talking to, the ambient room noise would be cancelled out and all they'd hear is my voice (poor souls Grinning).