Morning bird call short “whee!” Sound?

Every morning we hear a bird that we all love and it sounds like a short “wheee” sound. It’s very high pitched and that’s all I can identify. 

Some people have said it’s possibly a starling, but I’m yet to find any audio the same from a Starling. 

Thanks in advance! 

N. 

• Hi N,    Hard to narrow it down to a single possibility but take a listen to a Bullfinch in THIS CLIP and wait to hear the single "wheee"  call sound in its song..     (ignore the Chiff-chaff sound in the background) ! 

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Good suggestion by Hazel, but take a listen to this call made by the common Chaffinch - it's the 8th sound file down which is 1:31 in length uploaded by user Irish Wildlife Sounds with the reference number XC623923.

(there is a Crow calling at the very start so ignore that)

www.xeno-canto.org/.../Fringilla-coelebs
  • In reply to HAZY:

Thank you so much for your reply, but this isn’t the same sound I’ve heard. Still a lovely sound though!

The sound is more like of like a rising “whee” it’s quite a quick noise!

Regards,

N.
  • In reply to rspbailey:

Hiya, thank you for the reply also! This is a very nice sound but still not the same. It almost sounds comical a bit like a cartoon sort of noise. It’s hard to explain but a quick “whee!” The “wh” being very fast and the “eee” kind of ascending.

Regards,

N.