Identify

Can anyone tell me what the two birds are which I saw this morning on a walk by the Wye in Hereford. Thank you

1st one2nd bird

• Top one is a common whitethroat. Both photos are dark on both my mobile devices. Not sure if it is worth you lightening them up and reposting. Others may be able to use photo software. I suspect the second one is also common whitethroat, but it is almost a silhouette on my screens.
  • In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    Not sure if it is worth you lightening them up and reposting. Others may be able to use photo software.

Here you go

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks TJ. That second one (or first one depending who looks at which set of photos!) looks more like a garden warbler. What do you reckon?
  • In reply to Robbo:

Robbo said:
    That second one (or first one depending who looks at which set of photos!) looks more like a garden warbler.

Yes, that was my first impression. Garden Warblers are so featureless that it can be hard to tell. Song is the best identifier. If it sounds like a demented Blackcap that would confirm it.

Sorry I posted them the wrong way round.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Yes, or something that sounds like a blackcap, but is very difficult to find. That example in the photo is more out in the open than the ones singing around here now.
  • Hi

as usual I'm rubber stamping Robbo ( and TJ)

I think it's a Warden Garbler

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box