Am i a duck or a bird?

I found this little guy waddling in the road on my street & im not sure what he is? 

He has big duck feet, no wings yet.sorry its not the best photo.

Hes currently tucked up in some straw with food and water in my mother in laws duck pen out of harms way.

• Hi Faye it looks like a young Little Grebe, if it is they eat small fish so you may want to ring the RSPCA for help, or try looking on helpwildlife.co.uk/.../ and see if there is anyone local to you, other than that is there any water near you where it could have come from?

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thanks Alan, theres a canal but thats about half a mile away, he was found running round a residential street, so not sure how he got there, unless he was carried by something bigger and dropped.

I've emailed Martin mere and rspb, ill give them a ring tomorrow. 

• If it's not eaten anything try giving it some garden peas or sweetcorn if you have some, it may also eat seed but I'm not sure.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Thanks i did try and Google what to feed him but nothing useful came up, mother in laws going to try some and a bit of fish, shes had ducks for years and raised them from babies so hes in the best hands for tonight, till we can get in touch with someone in the morning. Im hoping he survives the night,
    Hes had a little paddle in their pond and is tucked up for the night.