Robin variant?

Just seen a bird we thought that at first glance was a robin in the garden but realised it had a completely orange head and upper body. Any ideas?

• Hi Andy, nothing immediately springs to mind. Are you in the UK or somewhere else?
    Is there any further information you can provide like what it was doing and the kind of habitat. Of course, photos are always the best info but I assume you didn't get anything.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Sounds as if someone's pet finch escaped?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• We were sitting in our garden in Worcester UK. We get the usual garden birds (robins, goldfinch, tits, sparrows, etc). This one landed on our runner bean poles (like the robins do) and I said "there's the robin" but then realised it was completely orange from its middle body upwards. I've looked online and could see nothing like it and checked for robin variations too. Complete mystery!
  • Did you check out Scarlet Tanager Andy, they have colour variations too! Also saw an orange Starling somewhere in my googling but didn't save image! People get to buy & keep all manner of fancy coloured birds these days!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr