Is this a warbler?

this is a poor photo but the bird kept moving every time I was ready to take the photo. The bird was small and kept wagging its tail

• Hi Clinton

I'm struggling to see anything at all in your photo. I think I can make out a grey head and orange breast. However, given your description and the habitat I'm going to guess it might be a Grey Wagtail and ask you to say if I'm right from this photo. If I'm wrong we'll have to think again.

Or could it perhaps be a Stonechat come down for a drink.

I'm curious to know how you posted the photo. It almost looks like a screen grab from Google photos. It's better to post the photo direct from your image file within the "Use rich format" option.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Tony, that could well be the correct identification. I’ve seen the bird in the same place a couple of times so hope to get a clearer picture. If I could get a post a video that might be more helpful to identify.

The photo was taken on my camera and transferred to my iPad but was too large a file to send. I took a screen shot of the photo to see if that would work and it did. Any tips on how I could post large size photos or videos?
  • Hi Clinton, I would agree with Tony; I'm pretty sure it is a male    female Grey Wagtail

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to Clinton Haynes:

Clinton Haynes said:
    The photo was taken on my camera and transferred to my iPad but was too large a file to send. I took a screen shot of the photo to see if that would work and it did. Any tips on how I could post large size photos or videos?

Hi Clinton I'll go for Grey Wagtail too.

To post large photos you need to resize them to below 4mb, videos need to be uploaded to youtube first because of their size and then post the link in here.

My Flickr photos

• As Alan has said you need to reduce the photo to 4Mb or smaller. I don't use an iPad myself but I would have thought there must be an App that will do that.
    At least we all seem agreed that it's a Grey Wagtail.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks to everyone for their help. It’s great to get an ID even though the photo was so poor. I’m new to bird watching so hadn’t come across a grey wagtail. It’s always interesting making new discovery. Thanks again.

Clinton
  • Got a better photo. Thanks everyone

• Well done, Clinton. Yes, that's definitely a Grey Wagtail. Pretty bird isn't it.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Yes, its beautiful. Im please I managed a better photo. Thanks.
  • Lovely photo Clinton, I'll take back what I said about it being male ........ it's a female Grey Wagtail !!      A male GW would have a black bib (under chin area)

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"