Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well done Wendy, splendid videos, nooky in the quarry e'h, let's hope she will lay an egg or two now.   She is being well fed and though constantly chiding him they seem a happy pair.

Lot to learn

• There has been much Kestrel activity in the last three days & took so many pics because I find them irresistible!!  It has taken me so long to sort them because of other happenings & I have selected some to post here & the rest are on my Flickr....

Vid of Mrs K made on 19th...

Finally, a couple of Mr K today - Mrs K was in the nest & the way that he was around for most of the day clinging to the cliff in the awful rain indicates to me that she must be incubating (I live in hope!)...

Couldn't get a decent pic of Mrs K in nest hole because of teeming rain!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Wendyb no wonder you cant resist them, I dont think I could either!!

• Some lovely photos there Wendy, they are stunning birds and I can see why you are "stuck on them", that phrase takes me back a bit, don't know where it came from!!!   The third photo is gorgeous.   It will be very time consuming, so well done you.

Lot to learn

• Thanks peoples - all that activity the last few days but today, apart from an early morning sighting of one of them in nest (didn't have my glasses on!), there has been nothing that I have managed to see or hear!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well, the good news is that it seems Mrs K is now seriously incubating and has Mr K bringing her food regularly & generally dancing attention!!!  Have told them that Arne Kestrel pair have two hatchlings already...........but not sure they are listening to me lol !!!

Here is a selection of pics & one vid from the last seven days actions...

There are many more - including gory eating shots - which I have uploaded to Flickr.

Am just waiting for some weather decent enough to sit out in so that I might be able to capture some flight shots - I live in hope!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Love these updates Wendy, brilliant photos and video clip and great to know Mrs.K  is incubating :)     fantastic !

Regards, Hazel 

• Wendy these are brilliant and this is wonderful news to know there is a nest of kestrels especially given what springwatch were saying last night.  thank you :-)

• Best news I`ve heard all week.Great pics&vid.....Congratulations all round.

• Brilliant news, Wendy, and a great set of photos. After the gloomy news on Springwatch about the decline of Kestrels it's good to see this pair doing well.

Mr K seems to be keeping her well fed so let's hope she rears a healthy brood.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream