Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I have been honoured today with several visits from Mr K who started off quite early this morning perching in the tree...

He returned a while later bringing his breakfast to eat in the Tower Restaurant...

After checking that the coast was clear, he started on his gourmet feast - Severe YUK warning!!!....

And it actually gets worse!....

Sorry folks - that will  have to follow later as youtube are being tardy in processing it!

Mr K was back again this afternoon as I saw when I had returned from shopping........and I missed some really good footage as he was being mobbed by a very large, very black Carrion Crow - quite a kerfuffle there was & I was far away from my cam, laden with shopping bags grrrrr!  He then flew over the tree line, then round the quarry & then hovered motionless over grass verge - in full view......and could I get to my cam in time, even louder & longer grrrrrrr!!  Sound like the archetypal fisherman & 'the one that got away'

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Got it this time - do enjoy!!! lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Super photographs, Wendy. I really do appreciate you sharing your pictures.

He definitely isn't going hungry. LOL

• LOL Wendy, that boy sure loves his dinners !   Its the bit when you see him pull out the liver and intestines :(  that video menu is definitely too much information  !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Wonderful stuff!!!!  He's quite a delicate eater really I think:-)

Lot to learn

• Thanks all - glad you enjoyed/endured! Lol

He may be a delicate eater G but not at all fussy where the gory bits land ROFL!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• hi Wendy,

having seen your comments on 'my' kestrels, I've just discovered your long-running thread. What a lot of great coverage you've got.

Thanks for sharing it.

Pete

regards Pete

• Thanks PM & glad you enjoyed the saga to date!  I am so lucky to have this on my doorstep - long may it continue.  Please keep us updated with yours as I just love these birds!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Glancing round the cliff this morning & spotted this dark 'blob' - zoomed in to find Mr K snuggling into little depression in cliff face to shelter from the very cold winds & rain we had today...

A short vid of his actions in the 'snug'

He then came out & perched on cliff nearby, surveying his kingdom...

& a couple of vids - the second one only brief but shows him taking off!

Goodbye for today...

My Mr K is such a handsome boy - am sure you'll agree!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I certainly do agree Wendy that he is one very handsome lad,  there's something rather endearing about this chap and I'm his No: 1 fan,  that is after you   LOL     gorgeous set of photos and video clips, glad he was able to take shelter from the cold and rain.   It was bitter here today but no rain thank goodness so got some gardening done.

Regards, Hazel