Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Absolutely brilliant news Wendy. You must be so so happy.

• I am indeed BH & just waiting on that pic now!

Thanks also SG & B_r_n & any others I might have missed!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• So delighted Wendy. We get so attached to these featherd friends, especially when something special has happened. Hopefully he may make the new place his home now, as we do not want any fighting with his dad. But as you say he may be a Georgina! Catlady

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi all - long time no post!!  Do not have any more pics of Baby GK but he has been sighted a few more times so it appears he is still thriving!

Haven't seen much of male Kestrel (Mr K?)in quarry for quite a few weeks now but had surprise visit a couple of days ago...

And, of course, a vid...

I certainly have missed filming the Kestrel activity so this is a rare treat!

Tony has been on holiday but due back about now so I will catch up with him and hopefully more news of GK! 

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I have certainly missed your updates Wendy but to see your Mr K photographs and video, is well worth the wait. Fantastic. Thank you.

• Great to see Mr. K again, such a handsome fellow, and a lovely video, and as Birdie Wild says you deserve a medal for all your posts and updates since last March.   I've seen a kestrel twice fairly recently and each time think of your close-ups and interesting blogs, so thanks from me too.

Lot to learn

• Thanks all for your continued interest - I just hope that he keeps visiting & keeps his claim on the nest hole for use again next year & hopefully a successful & natural multiple fledge as is the norm so that I can merrily take pics/vids to my heart's content - something I missed out on this year with all the dreadful events!  Still, I did get a rare opportunity to chart the progress of Baby GK albeit in captivity.  But it was a good conclusion as he/she now flying free & taking rightful place in Kestrel habitat!

BW - am so pleased to hear you enjoyed my thread & no medals required as had my rewards instigating GK's rescue & playing a small part in his aftercare plus meeting more like-minded people that I otherwise would not have done!

Yes G he is indeed a captivatingly handsome specimen & I never tire of looking at & taking pics/vids of him!  I read in another thread that you are still having eye trouble - thought it was all dealt with & sorry this doesn't seem to be the case - will it improve with treatment?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks for update,Wendy.A very happy looking chappy you have here. Great pics & video..

• Cheers Wendy, I hope too that Mr K has a successful year next year and we get loads of pics and videos from you again. Yes I was warned I wld get a cataract after my previous op, and sure enough I have, it's funny really as an appointment came through a week ago and I had a choice between teeth treatment or eye op and funnily enough (or not) I had to choose teeth at that time!!  So all will be fine in due course, hopefully before Xmas!!

Lot to learn

• Pleased to hear it will be sorted soon G - you'll be a new woman!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr