Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy

Lovely photos of lovely birds

regards

John

• I`ll get my best suit out ready for the dry cleaners.Have already chosen the christening gift.

• Thanks all!

B_r_n & EB - lovely thoughts but.....don't count your chickens etc........nfa since (again)!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Morning Wendy,  I can see you all the Forumites now as we stand there with bins watching our respective garden/local birds to-ing and fro-ing to their nests and trying to remain patient for any real sign of nestlings    !!      It reminds me of one of those old films where the Dad is pacing the floor awaiting the new arrival     LOL        I can't work out what is going on either with the Kestrels or our garden birds,   sometimes there is a fair bit of activity and then it goes quiet again .............  this changing climate has a lot to answer for .................as does Cyril Squirrel come to think of it   lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Hi Wendy:-))

At long last I've managed to catch up on your thread - the pics and vids are absolutely stunning, they look so calm it's hard to imagine they're like lightning when flying around. The stare on the male is beautifully captured and I'm so glad not to be his dinner! Thank you for all the hard work you put into keeping track of your kestrels, and hopefully it will be easier for you when eggs turn up. Such beautiful birds, I can't choose between them:-))

• Thanks Mims - very scant activity last three days - Mr K was in nest this morning but no pics as was very foggy.  By time it cleared he had flown - keep hearing calls but out of sight so hope that they've not set up shop elsewhere!  I take the majority of my pics & vids through windows so as not to spook them!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

•  

Activity again today - 8th May - but are there eggs??  I don't know & wish there was a nestcam!!  Only saw Mrs K at several times of the day & in different locations....

Had something choice to eat on the ledge adjacent to nest...

A short vid of her cleaning up afterwards...

And on the cliff face in a couple of different places...

Now I've looked again am not sure of the next one - is it Mr K????...

Same pic darkened down & it is Mrs K...

Looking very pretty among the flowere!!

Mr K is in the nest hole at present in the teeth of a howling gale which is blowing the cherry tree leaves & obscuring him for most of the time so this is a grainy ID shot only (just to remind myself that I have seen him!) ...

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• gorgeous pics again wendyb! they like to keep us guessing about the eggs dont they? :-)

• Great to keep getting news of your kestrels Wendy - can't wait to see whether they have chicks or not - fingers crossed!

See my Flickr photos here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115745582@N04/

• She is such a beauty Wendy, at the end of the video she seems to have you sussed.  Great pics too. Awful weather today, 9th May howling gale which has blown down our oldest bird table, hey ho I just about rescued the lillies from underneath.

Lot to learn