Kestrels in the Quarry 2013...

The pair showed up on 13th March & were checking out the nest - here's hoping..............

Have posted all I've taken today, unedited, as I'm so excited!!!  They both flew off & now Mr Kestrel has returned to nest & sitting, waiting like a spider in the middle of a web!  Just going to video him

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Glad I finished my stir fry with noodles  before I viewed this Wendy  !!    great update of photos and clips,  those Kestrels are truly gorgeous  (except when they're eating)   LOL

Love the preening, what a tidy boy :)

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:

Tell them to get a move on Wendy, Rat entrails for tea can't be bad lol.

The Kestrel cam is up at Arne if you haven't seen the thread

thanks for heads up on that D - only just logged on - will have a look now!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Oh too many threads to follow!   I have now bookmarked this one too,I think I might need another computer! Great pics and vids, I am extremely jealous, I keep considering buying a rabbit from my local butchers and seeing if I can get our local buzzards to visit!  We have had a lovely blackcap living in our garden all winter, but looks like he's gone now.  We are getting a male and female great spotted woodpecker visiting daily, I'm hoping they are a pair and we might get the young ones visiting later in the year.

Jo T Always on the side of the feathered guy!

• Lots more activity in & around the nest so I'm hoping that every time she spends some time in there that she is laying an egg (just like the female at Arne who now has two)!!

Mrs K was here early this morning on telegraph pole eating something 'white & fluffy' but couldn't recognise just what it was & when I went outside to video her she got spooked & flew off (I shall have to be very careful around her as she seems nervous!!)  So just have to be content with slightly foggy pics taken through the window!

Next time I saw them they were occupying separate perches together looking for all the world as though they'd had a barney  lol ... took this more distant pic to show you the proximity of the nest to the telegraph pole...

Later on I discovered Mr K back in the nest & Mrs K in residence on said telegraph pole...

There is still much coming & going & lots of noisy calling but a lot of it is out of sight to me - not getting much else done between watching these two & making pastry for garden birds!!  Stil - who wants to do HW!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Lovely update and photos Wendy,   can't get enough of these kestrels and all the activity;  I wouldn't worry about the housework, just keep these wonderful photos, videos and updates going for us all   LOL !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Through the window or not it is just great to see and watch those birds at such close proximity.   Well done Wendy, summer and H/W doesn't seem to go together anyway!!

Lot to learn

• wendy your photos are wonderful - forget the housework ;-) and your photos are always wonderful even when you say they arent the best. I agree with Alan :-) thank you so much for sharing them

• jot said:

Oh too many threads to follow!   I have now bookmarked this one too,I think I might need another computer! Great pics and vids, I am extremely jealous, I keep considering buying a rabbit from my local butchers and seeing if I can get our local buzzards to visit!  We have had a lovely blackcap living in our garden all winter, but looks like he's gone now.  We are getting a male and female great spotted woodpecker visiting daily, I'm hoping they are a pair and we might get the young ones visiting later in the year.

Hi JoT - nice of you to visit my thread & I do appreciate just how lucky I am to have this nest opposite my door!  Had one male Blackcap out of the blue a few weeks ago - I thought he was adorable but he only stayed two days!  Sadly do not get GSW so I just enjoy other peoples so please post baby pics if you get any!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thank you peoples - it's nice to share!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Apparently not B_r_n, the noise level is quite intense at times & so infuriating when I can't see them - can't work out if they are warning others off or just yelling at Voles, telling them "you can't hide because I can see your trail!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr