Birds of Prey....Your Pictures Wanted!

I thought I would start a new thread dedicated to our beautiful Birds of Prey and hope you will share all your fabulous pics of them aswell ......

Please feel free to add your pics

I will kick it off with one of my regulars...Jock the Sprawk

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Well recovered Scozmos, the 3rd and 4th photo's are fantastic.

• Well recovered and brilliant result;   looks very arty like a watercolour,

Regards, Hazel 

• Superb work  , a bit of a shame for what looks like a sparrow, but as you say, that's nature, keeping the balance.

• Well recovered and brilliant result;   looks very arty like a watercolour,

I initially thought the same. A little work with Photoshop, or similar programs, and it could look like a watercolour, or even stencil.

• Good morning all (and it IS a good one here, for a change) and thank you, I had to go out without seeing the shots, spent 1.5 Hrs by the river and saw 0 Kingfishers. One distant Dipper, that's it but, had a lovely peaceful time just sitting, looking. 

I am so chuffed with the Sparrowhawk shots and I agree on the watercolour effect, only created by the sunlight and the camera I must add.

Stood and watched, listened to hundreds of Canada geese last night, all heading North in the evening glow............ camera out tonight Thumbsup

• Total transformation Scosmos well done

• I had a rather stressful season with my Peregrines this year. The Falcon who laid the eggs suffered a traumatic injury and had to be euthanised. A new Falcon arrived within a day or so (the young were about 10 days old at that point) but the raising of the 4 chicks was left to the Tiercel. He did an outstanding job and they all reached fledging age. Unfortunately, at that stage the new Falcon saw them as a threat and dispatched them one by one. One perished and I managed to rescue the other three. One of those had a double wing fracture and had to be euthanised. The other two were fine. One was released with 'foster parents' and the other (the juvenile Falcon in the photo) went to an experienced rehabber. The whole story is on my @KPeregrines Twitter (X) feed. Photo taken under licence.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Firstly, hello and great to  hear from you MC. I am sorry to read about the Falcoln story. Not on twitter, so don't know if I will be able to see it. A happy ending in that 2 young were saved, 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I had a rather stressful season with my Peregrines this year. The Falcon who laid the eggs suffered a traumatic injury and had to be euthanised. A new Falcon arrived within a day or so (the young were about 10 days old at that point) but the raising of the 4 chicks was left to the Tiercel. He did an outstanding job and they all reached fledging age. Unfortunately, at that stage the new Falcon saw them as a threat and dispatched them one by one. One perished and I managed to rescue the other three. One of those had a double wing fracture and had to be euthanised. The other two were fine. One was released with 'foster parents' and the other (the juvenile Falcon in the photo) went to an experienced rehabber. The whole story is on my @KPeregrines Twitter (X) feed. Photo taken under licence.

Sorry to read the sad news MC, hopefully a good outcome with the remaining peregrines ?

Like  CL, I don't use  Twitter, or that stupid name it's called these days, X, nor FB.