The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• Lovely to see the new babies Mike. I have so far only had a couple of Starlings, not like the crows from previous years, yet!! Have seen young sparrows and blackbirds.
  • The patio has been busy again......

Trying to get a bite in before junior arrives.....

My guess, after seeing an adult along side, which was slightly broader, and the plumage looked duller, a juvenile goldfinch, with newly acquired adult plumage.

Juvenile starlings lining up ready for the creche....

I'll just help myself while I can....

I'm tempted to say juvenile house sparrow grabbing a tasty morsel

Let the mayhem commence.....

Interestingly, one juvenile starling seemed a different shade to the others, but made sure it got its share of the food....

And post feeding frenzy!

"Please sir, can I have some more?"

• Sure is, we had trouble with them shuffling up the post, then we added the pot, and they climbed up the tree and dive bombed out of branches onto the top, now its out in the middle of the lawn and we haven't seen anymore.
  • Great set of action shots Mike and good to see plenty of young Starlings. Down here in Suffolk we've had more Starlings in our garden than previous years and Goldfinches and Greenfinches as well. The Great Tits and Blue Tits are making up for lost time and there's lots of their fledglings at the feeders as well.
    Trevor
  • Got a photo of all of the blue tit chicks enjoying some suet on my trail camera!

• A young pied wagtail yesterday in the peaks.

• Got some Juvenile Goldfinches visiting my feeder.

• JakeMicallef05 said:
    Sure is, we had trouble with them shuffling up the post, then we added the pot, and they climbed up the tree and dive bombed out of branches onto the top, now its out in the middle of the lawn and we haven't seen anymore.

I know that scenario well.

We have a lampshade to thwart and ascents up the feeder pole, but one has managed to jump from the ground, over the lampshade and straight on to the small feeding dish!

I'm still hoping for video, but the trailcam isn't getting triggered quick enough.

They also leap from the nearby trees, and I've no hop of thwarting that, the garden isn't wide enough...

The YouTube link shows they keep trying....

Feeding Station Squirrel Guard - YouTube

• Things in the garden are slowly quietening down now many of the youngsters are managing to feed themselves.

On a recent trip to Middleton Lakes, the young are fast growing up, and getting around quite well.

Juvenile black headed gulls, and unusually quiet!

More youngsters, the Canada Geese Group Outing....

The Tufty family, well, mum and two sprogs....

Plop! One decides to take a dip

• youngster of some sort??

POST EDIT: Been told its a willow warbler so not sure its even a youngster Joy But delighted it came to visit me