The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• We get our new car on Wednesday so no excuses to venture a little further north at some stage !! Seeing your amazing photos just puts the places you visit up higher on our to see list LOL We'll get you to LM maybe next year on the 2022 forum meet up !! Nice lens :) and glad you are getting your usual great results from it, I've hardly taken photos over the last 18 months but I need new lenses for my eyes first !!
  • Looked at the thread for first time! How have I missed it?! Lovely photos from you all as well as your posts, good to see some many youngsters, especially our garden birds after the tough start they had this year.
  • New lenses, new cars, and no young blackbirds!

We've heard about the new lens, I wonder what the new car is?

Now, to remedy, or try and remedy, someone's lack of blackbird young.....

BTW, the squirrels are nicely at bay, just a couple of youngsters jumping from the cherry tree, pirouetting on the top of the feeding station before climbing down, all just in time for the feeding of the 5000.... Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, the feeding of the dozens....

The feeding station Saturday morning was in total chaos, plus a noisy commotion!

Yes, juvenile blackbirds and starlings squabbling....

Oi!

You?

Yes, you, ger orf ma patch....

And the chaos continues....

"Hey sis, stick with me. Once they stop squabbling the food will free fall and we'll get the pickings while they try to feed...."

One juvenile blackbird even gets the cherry, or cherries....

Come on now, you've got to eat your fruit....

Geronemooooooooo

• Good to see all the new fledglings, can't have been a great year for many birds so good to have more blackbirds and starlings join this thread Slight smile

Michael B said:
    I wonder what the new car is?

VW Tiguan but its automatic and I've only driven manual before so it will be interesting when I park in the communal garage bay in-between a brand new Rolls Royce,  Bentley and Aston Martin JoyBlue car    LOL      Mike will be driving it for the first few days !!

• https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wbLscW5p11OLxwDpST4ukbBFGAhibU7e/view?usp=sharing

Babies Waiting To Be Fed

Waiting to be fed - I didn't see them eat the suet at all themselves, just waiting for Mum to spoon feed them.

Mum Feeding Chick

Mum feeding the chubby little baby.

Here Comes Mum

Incoming Mum!

I caught some adorable Blue Tit fledglings visiting my back garden feeding station for a munch during the rain on my trail camera.

I love how chubby their little yellowish bellies are.

• Good to see your Starlings and B/birds Mike, let's hope more appear over here to keep the numbers up.
  • Unknown said:

Good to see all the new fledglings, can't have been a great year for many birds so good to have more blackbirds and starlings join this thread

Michael B said:
    I wonder what the new car is?

Nice cars, the Tiguan, auto's in my opinion are probably better than manuals today, with all the technowizadry in them. My is auto, but with the accelerator set up for the left foot! Try adjusting to that setup!

Now I've lost track who owns what these days in the automotive industry, Rolls Royce is owned by BMW, Bentley is owned by VW, while Aston Martin are now an independent company again. so the Tiguan will be at home with the Bentley.

• JakeMicallef05 said:

Here Comes Mum

Nice photos and video.

I like the upside down plant pot, is that to deter the squirrels?

• gaynorsl said:
    Good to see your Starlings and B/birds Mike, let's hope more appear over here to keep the numbers up.

Thank you Gaynor. As the hours go by, the number and variety of young is increasing, fast!

• As the hours pass by, the numbers and variety of young is increasing, fast....

I'm tempted to think this is a juvenile dunnock, its actions were much much akin to a juv, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Mr BB being kept busy...

Juvenile house sparrow, waiting for dad....

At a wild guess, this little one is from the roof nest next door, the one where I had photos of the parents nipping in behind the guttering, click HERE to see one of many photos I have online.

Dad arrives and the pressure is on.....

And then the starlings came down!

This adult was possibly trying to get a sneaky feed in, or perhaps it was getting ready for junior....

Junior was determined not to be left out, whatever....

The end of another busy creche day at Peak Ramblers Towers.....