The Young of 2020

I usually start this thread by cheating and having a pic of a baby Feral Pigeon that I have rescued. Not this year. Today, the first of the Little, Little HTR's arrived in the garden, right on schedule. It is currently in the flowering currant. Little HTR has been taking dozens of waxies to the nest and this morning I noticed him going via the flowering currant. I just had a little look and saw a fledgling in there.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• How absolutely wonderful MC, my nest seems abandoned now but do have fledgling BB's now!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Nice photo MC.

I'll bookmark this one, I may be lucky and see some young ones.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Well done MC. You're first to the post again this year.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Wonderful MC, first of the year, good to see it made it's way into the flowering currant bush.

Lot to learn

• It should be nice and safe in there. The lower 2ft of the area is enclosed by pvc coated galvanised mesh. Small birds, up to Starling size can get in and out. Above that, there is dense ivy and climbing roses that both grow around the flowering currant. I had trouble spotting the baby Robin, even though I knew it was there. Little HTR was still taking waxies to it at about 8.30pm. I had another delivery of live waxies and mealies at about 6.30pm. Hopefully Little Little HTR will start to explore over the next few days. There are cats around, but the Pigeon Mafia usually indicate when that is the case.

• Yay,  I can finally join this thread with our first House Sparrow juvie ……  remember, this is a novelty to me  lol

Momma not far away .......

Hey Momma,  bring those mealies back ........... !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Wonderful!

• In reply to HAZY:

HAZY said:

Yay,  I can finally join this thread with our first House Sparrow juvie ……  remember, this is a novelty to me  lol

Lovely photos.

I've still as yet to see some young for this year....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to HAZY:

Lovely to see these little cuties. The mealies are going down well. I've yet to see any youngsters this year.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• In reply to HAZY:

Lovely photos of the newbie.
    I've only seen one Mallard family down at the park so far ... and an unconfirmed Song Thrush youngster the other side of a hedge!

Nige   Flickr