The Young of 2021 share your photos here

Last year, Monkey cheese started the thread off for 2020, the link is here:

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/207284/the-young-of-2020

As 2021 is progressing, and there are young out there, I couldn't see 2021 thread, so I hope MC or anyone else doesn't mind, I'll start the 2021 thread. if there is one already, please correct me and place the link in a reply.

Mr & Mrs CG with family.....

• Lovely pic, good to see a successful bird, they need all the help they can get these days.
  • Stunning photo capture Paul, I think Kittiwakes are my favourite gull as they have such gentle features although I love all birds ! That chick certainly has the awwww factor !
  • Unknown said:
    Stunning photo capture Paul, I think Kittiwakes are my favourite gull as they have such gentle features although I love all birds ! That chick certainly has the awwww factor !

I do like a Kittiwake. We were at RSPB Fowlsheugh today, the first time when the breeding birds were there, just breathtaking.!! There are tens of thousands of birds on the cliffs and on the water at the moment, the sights, sounds (and smells) were just amazing. Mostly Guillemots and Kittiwakes, with Razorbills and Herring Gulls as well. Trying out new lens and really enjoying it. :-)

• Haven't had many blackbirds in garden, or really I haven't seen too many this year either, am I alone?

Just caught this youngster trying it's luck on the grass.

• Paul A said:
    I do like a Kittiwake. We were at RSPB Fowlsheugh today, the first time when the breeding birds were there, just breathtaking.!! There are tens of thousands of birds on the cliffs and on the water at the moment, the sights, sounds (and smells) were just amazing. Mostly Guillemots and Kittiwakes, with Razorbills and Herring Gulls as well. Trying out new lens and really enjoying it. :-)

sounds wonderful Paul,    I enjoyed the salt marsh area at Morecambe Bay although no cliffs or the seabirds that you saw but maybe one day we'll make it up there or at least to Bempton Cliffs which we keep meaning to visit.      

Now tell us more about the new lens   LOL      

@ Gaynor,  lovely photo of the young blackbird.

• On walk at a Suffolk Wildlife Trust woodland yesterday we were shown this Spotted Flycatcher's nest nest the Visitor Centre which had at least 4 youngsters being fed. The pictures were taken in quite poor light so show some grain and motion blur but it was lovely to see the birds anyway.

The birds seem to have been quite handy with a chainsaw and have created for themselves a splendid tree hole nest with balcony/veranda.

Am I ready to launch out of here yet?

A bit of house keeping.

Inspecting the view for incoming parents from the veranda.

Waiting for an unsuspecting fly.

Never a quiet moment

All the best,

Trevor

• Loving the latest selections everyone... Trevor, not sure how they wielded the chainsaw....no opposable thumbs!!
    Bob...Did you land for those pics? Have NT devegetated the overgrown areas?
    Gaynor, we've certainly had less of everything this year than last, especially the starlings :o(
  • Great shots of the Spotted Flycatcher Trevor, good brood lovely to see.
  • Unknown said:

I enjoyed the salt marsh area at Morecambe Bay although no cliffs or the seabirds that you saw but maybe one day we'll make it up there or at least to Bempton Cliffs which we keep meaning to visit.      

Now tell us more about the new lens   LOL  

We had actually toyed with the idea of a visit down to LM, but I had an insatiable urge to go and see the seabirds at Troup Head and at Fowlsheugh.

Maybe one day we'll venture south of the border.!! :-)

Lens info is HERE.  :-)