2021 Hoggies & earlybirds on my garden trailcam!

No sign of hoggies yet but Mr BB certainly enjoying the food

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Fleas--not my favourite critters! I have nasty reactions to the bites from cat and dog fleas. The itching and swelling can last for 3 weeks or more and can wake me up at night--awful. I once saw a flea leap off of a friend's cat as it walked past me, and then the flea landed on my bare foot; twenty four hours later I had an itchy bite there. Luckier folk only get tiny red blotches and little else. I have handled a couple of hedgehogs in the past, took one to a wildlife hospital, but being aware they have fleas I was very careful and checked myself and my clothing very carefully afterwards, Luckily had no bites on those occasions (or perhaps I am not allergic to the bites of Hedgie fleas--lol!)

Kind regards, Ann

• I see the hoggie was keeping up to scratch!

OK, I'll grab my coat and leave....

Horseflies, nasty critters, and I hope Gaynor nothing comes of it.

Whilst I don't like any of them, my most hated, is the tick, after getting bitten by an infected one, and the result is Bells Palsy (also known as facial paralysis, or facial palsy) on the right side of my face.

So my advice is, monitor those bites and get them sorted

• Thanks for all the advice from you folk, this year we have a glut of horse flies apparently, I have been bitten three times now, I always use lavender oil or tea tree oil, seems to work for me, and I smell nice too!!! :-) Must say I wear long sleeves at the moment while out walking but the little creeters can bite through jeans, must have sharp gnashers. O'h I'm itching now just talking about them :-)

Lot to learn

• whizzy compilation of last few days ... no youngsters yet!!

Feeding station looks a lot better after clean up!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Good to see the hedgies again Wendy, no bad temper now then, must be the happy season.

Lot to learn

• The smaller one definitely doesn't like the bigger one, who's a male ... that silly dance makes me laugh!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Dancing Hoggies great to see

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Good to catch up on your Hoggies again. A right pair of wriggling, scratching, bopping, dancing Hoggies they are!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Last couple of nights actions

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Brilliant clips Wendy, made me laugh when hoggie looked under the dish !! also a bit of a traffic jam at one stage getting into the feed area lol

Regards, Hazel