Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

Regards, Hazel 

• I have noticed recently that our local Robins have changes their song and now singing what we think of as a more wistful winter song. Still great to hear though but it means Summer is over and Autumn has arrived in the natural world.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Taking a bit of time out from various tasks, and enjoying the sun in the garden for a change.

One of a pair of collared doves, that are regular visitors to the garden.

A juvenile goldfinch on the sunflower seeds

Go on kidda, get stuck in....

A buzzard gracefully flying overhead

Please sir, can I have some more?

I wish the human would go away....

Pesky mites....

• Ok, I got interrupted by a very important phone call, nothing serious, and all sorted.

The important part, the photos I never managed to upload.....

The fish in the pond have also been enjoying the sun (and probably won't pose or me again if I omit them Joy)

I'm forever blowing bubbles....

With jaws like that approaching, that poor food pellet didn't stand a chance!

Gone!

•  I was sitting on the banks of the River Severn when the Canada Geese began to circle again, then again, and again. I must have taken 50 photos until I caught them, almost, in focus. Amazing to watch and at one stage, I was certain that a Swan joined in. 

• A few pics from Leasowe, Wirral

assuming this is a Lesser Black-backed Gull 

Pied Wagtail .

Black-headed.Gull

Distant shot of a House Martin who will be migrating south in the next month to overwinter in Africa .......   

starling numbers building up .................

Regards, Hazel 

• Feeding the fish before the days tasks start....

These photos were taken using the 100-400 lens plus circular polarising filter to reduce the sunlight on the water surface.

Cue Jaws theme....

Always well behaved, no squabbling ever seen.....

After the days tasks were done, I had an hour or so free late yesterday afternoon, so pitched up on the patio, and being so hot, didn't expect anything, but it was good to sit outside.

I think, a drone fly, corrections are always welcome, though hoverflies were around.

Honeybee

A hoverfly

Someone's got a messy bum! Astonished 

Time to buzz off....

The fairies have made a flying visit!

it was a gloriously hot and sunny day, though I'd grab a couple before the cloud and showers return....

To the east

and to the west (star 6 filer used)

We don't get many moths here, or at least I don't see many, except on the trailcams at night, so it was a pleasant surprise to see this white-shouldered house moth sunning itself on the grass....

I was just about to pack away and have a shower, when I heard some rustling behind me....

and not long afterwards, decided to take the plunge and feed from the feeder about 1.5 mtrs away from me. I should have had my bribery pot with me....

• Ooooo, I managed to get a shot of the lightening yesterday

It was a pretty dramatic hour or two 

Cin J

• Blimey you were quick on the draw Caroline :-)

Lot to learn

•     Inspired by Hazel’s wonderful images of Stonechats by the coast, I headed to The Malverns, a place at which they tend to be located at most times of the year. It was great to see so many, and at various stages of plumage Slight smile

• Can't have too many Stonechats, such fabulous little birds. Lovely pics Kevin.

Lot to learn