In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hahahaha BRILLIANT CL?.
    Poles are all out of reach for them after several trials and errors lol

They are Geese according to the experts so nothing as exciting but am always happy to see them fly over.

I have just about emptied my cupboard of salt and there are none in the supermarket..shelves empty...grit bins empty and its -5 tonight. Been out with the spade chipping away at it so go a wee path from back door to to car. Its easily 10cms thick if not more.

I am in the centre of town so dont even have to travel..2 min drive to supermarket but got plenty in the now still from xmas. Its so very true I cant mind the last time i actually had cash, all card then all gone by the time you look at your statement lol..
    Hope the weather remains decent for you to get your daily jaunt ..not sure when its gonna be clear enough for us to get out ...once it all thaws we will be flooded! lol

• Been a few days of freezing fog but the birdies were still bulking up

No ma windows are really no that filthy lol

So today the fog had cleared..had a light dusting of snow overnight and the ice is driving me nuts now!

Been out with a hoe trying to break it up so i could put grit salt down that I finally managed to find..bought 5 bags and a snow shovel

Hand full of blisters later and an ice mountain..I got my driveway clear woohoo

Its -7°  just now so no end in sight of this big  freeze

Anyways sun was out today and my visitors were looking great.

Need to get a new birdbath!

Sneaky starling!

I think GSW has had enough of the ice aswell

Me too

omg woodie!

Pheeeeeeew...there you are lol

gotta love them

and star of the snow

Well thats you all caught up for now.....

Stay safe

Take care

• Lovely pics again, Linda--thanks! Hope you have a thaw soon. It is just half a degree above 0 tonight at 1 am Saturday morning. Supposed to have a 'hard freeze' before dawn. Not certain exactly what that means. Always considered that term only applied if the temp was minus 20 or minus 30 or worse!

Kind regards, Ann

• Oh naff off Linda, with your sunshine, and pretty garden visitors and super pics of them!!
  • Beautiful photo set Linda, you are making me miss my old garden more and more LOL but lovely to see your garden wildlife and the traditional winter robin and snow scene !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Ann.. Me too..ended up -9 by the time I went to bed last night but little warmer today..grey sky but sun is peeping through lol ....Its been constant hard freeze here for over week now...I have had enough lol

• a booo hooo hooo,,,dry yur eyes man Stuck out tongue
    More sunshine the day heehee

• Thanks Hazel, oh at least you dont need to go out and feed the birds in your new place and kick a hole in the pond for them to have a drink lol
    Hope you and Mike are doing well

• Linda257 said:
    Thanks Hazel, oh at least you dont need to go out and feed the birds in your new place and kick a hole in the pond for them to have a drink lol
    Hope you and Mike are doing well

Because of the colder icy weather I have tried adding a small 2 perch feeder with sunflower hearts and a hanging suet filled coconut from the balcony railings (discretely as I'm not sure rules allow although it will not impact on anyone  ! )  but not sure it will get used, however only time will tell.     On my daily walk I take a mix of fresh peanuts and sun-hearts and a few berry suet pellets for the smaller birds nearer to the mere where there are a few tits, robins, dunnock, blackbirds etc.      So I still buy bird food (only kilo size now and not 12.75kg !! )  and now have to keep one little feeder cleaned which shouldn't be too great a chore  LOL       

Mike's doing much better now thanks and he will have 3 monthly ultrasound scans to keep an eye on things which is reassuring.     

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks for the garden update Linda, poor Woodie and Dunnock with their heads hanging down, fed up with the icy situation, just like us lot with our situation! You really are giving our PB a hard time with the birds visiting and the sunshine, hope he is over it soon! We have not had that low temperatures, -3 the lowest I saw with us. Pouring rain and quite windy here at the moment!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.