In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Absolutely Catlady!

Oh no!
    I actually thought I bought a mixed bag too.....maybe its the picture that was misleading (in my case anyhow) I did have a read about them after Davids ID and it says its best to lift them out the ground as they cant handle frost and should be stored until spring before planting again...Just aswell we only get frost......9 months out of 12 JoyJoyJoy

• So after a good few hours of sunshine yesterday...enough for the paint to dry then down came a little rain..got up this morning and still drizzly.

Pulled up the kichen blind this morning looking for the usual maggies or pigeons to have loads of blackbirds!!! Windows werent clean enough to take pics through so am opening the side door quietly ...god I had to lay flat on my belly and slowly point the camera round towards the lawn ....but they kept fluttering here and there..on the fence, in the trees, under the trees...so my question to you all is why so many and are they a mixture of adults and young...could even be young songthrush as I even had one of them come in for worms before being chased away by a BB

Be prepared for lots of BB pics...There were about 15/20 of them but could only get  5 together in one shot as they were all over the place

Even hiding behind the bamboo

As I went upstairs(after eventually getting off the floor ..well am glad nobody seen me put it that way Joy) to try get pics from above... in comes the songthrush!

Little RRB shows up too!!

And this little dude what we think is a young bullfinch

Omg it was a mad hour or so this morning but how uplifting to see so many birds again in the garden

Hope you all enjoyed

Stay safe

• Fabulous BB frenzy Linda, maybe lots of worms at your after all the wet? Nit seen a Thrush here since last Winter!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Gorgeous set Linda, especially the juvenile Bullfinch, Blackbird and the Song Thrush

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Wendy. Oh yeah worms galore but never seen more than 4 BBs in the garden and they are usually pairs!! No complaints here though...delighted to have them Blush

• Thanks Hazel...just wish I got a decent pic of that young bullfinch before it took off but who knows it may come back Laughing

• The juvenile Bullfinches are a bit like the Blackcaps and all look like the female until they start developing adult colours, lovely bird to see in the garden; we were also lucky at the last house to have baby bullies most years.

Regards, Hazel 

• Another fine couple of sets of photos Linda, and I had to chuckle at the wood pigeon trying to shake the water from its ear....

Perhaps its remember next time only to bathe, not go snorkelling.....

• Thanks Mike...

Lol..woodie probaby didnt realise it was a few inches deeper with all the rain Joy

• What a lovely surprise to wake to this morning Linda. They must have known that your lawn had plenty of worms!! Cracking pictures.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.