In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Lovely set Linda, and sorry to disappoint you!!
  • Thanks PB...och am sure you will get a few snaps for me tomorrow before work Wink

• Omg can you imagine Nige....Woody would break it in half Sweat smile....Woody looks good in its bath and RRB looks good in its (it just looks like hes enjoying it more thats all)

• The robins are starting to all look very smart with their brand new (adult) plumages Slight smile
  • Hi Linda, another good set of pictures. Don't expect you are having to fill the bird bath at the moment! Robin certainly enjoying him or her self.
    Think your bulbs are Gladioli.
  • They sure are JB ...just need my maggie to grow a new wig too Laughing

• Oh hello David, nice to hear from you again...hope all is well....Havent needed to connect that hose since.....probably the last time we spoke Joy Lovely sunny morning today though....Thanks for the flower ID..they certainly brighten up the garden!

• I have still been admiring all your pictures and posts, I have been out and about a bit more, but still the most birds i see are in my garden!! Lots of Woodpeckers at the moment, don't know what is the sudden attraction.
  • Oh thankyou! Still nice to get out and about though aint it.....Lots of green woodpeckers???...The attraction is a stunning quiet garden!

• They do love the bath and pond, nothing like a good old wash!

The Gladiolas are a lovely colour. They look such an elegant flower.

A few years ago I decided to buy some (the idea being that if they came good enough, I could maybe put them into our local show) so I saw a pack of10 MIXED colours, bought two packets and waited eagerly to see what happened. I put them in two long planters, slowly the green appeared and then the stems and leaves and then the stalks, and then the heads. I was delighted that all 20 grew. The excitement mounted as I waited to see the lovely array of colours on the Gladiolas. They started to open, a lovely light lilac colour, Oh that's nice, wonder what the next one will be, the same, oh well next time, well the next 18 times and they were all the same colour. Think the machine must have gone wonky and put all the same in the bags!! They were quite small, not show worthy at all and they next year and ever since only the leaves have come in the pots. So my conclusion is they like the ground, and next time I will watch what I buy!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.