In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• Thanks Ann...I have to juggle working inbetween all my daily birding...just aswell I am my own boss!
  • Lovely bright morning again..bitterly cold though...Maggies making hell of a racket (noise)...god its on 4.45!!!!!

So after telling them to keep the noise down (shut up am trying to sleep) and after a lovely long snooze time to get up.....oh no feathers today (thats a good thing) after me having the trail cam set up in perfect position...oh well coffee and view the trail cam anyways to find....

A visiting BADGER!!! Not seen one in the garden for many years!

And Mr Foxy giving me that look to say thanks for the chicken...I see you! I hear you!

• So I thought today was just gonna be another day of watching the usual visitors...shoo away the maggies as they keep swooping down on all the birds but Ihave it down to a fine art now...as the door handle clicks down thats usual enough to send them packing.....I sat out in the garden with a coffee, camera and a blanket over me as it was baltic (freezing)...although the sun was shining there was still a cold breeze...

Lots of my usual suspects....

And bathtime for Coaltits

Look at this poor wee one

You gotta work for your dinner in my garden...tidy up that mess!

When your down in the dumps (feeling low/sad)

A wee shake of the feathers should perk you up..maybe just a little !

Feeling on top of the world

GT looking fab!

Oh an even Gully tried a bit of yoga today...

So that was a real busy day...that ended up even busier when the babies arrived(if you havent already seen them in the thread The Young of 2020) 4 Starling babies along with about 15 adults the garden was heaving (very busy)

What a wonderful day it turned out to be...and I thought it was exciting spotting the badger on the trail cam last night!

A few of my babies...

And what better way to celebrate than to have a pool party or 2..

Hope you enjoyed my day as much as I did...better go and order more food!

• A brilliant collection of photos Linda, and coal tits often look bedraggled at the best of times....

• lovely set Linda, those starlings are not sticking to the lockdown rules and inviting their whole family over for a pool party - I'd keep your back door closed or they may raid the fridge when you're not looking  lol

• Love the pool party Linda, and to get the Coal Tit bathing is fabulous. Yes I saw the badger coming into your nice quiet garden overnight, what a surprise, you will have to put out some chicken for him!!
  • Thanks Gaynor..The wildlife gets better fed than the family lol
  • Trail cam update from last night....a fox cub having a drink

Then waiting for mum to bring food....

• Linda257 said:
    Thanks Gaynor..The wildlife gets better fed than the family lol

LOL, same here!

Did the weekly shop yesterday, £65ish, bird food; £75 (well, £74.84, but close enough)!

• I am frightened to tot up what I spend Mike!