In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

• You are getting there Linda, 4 Cyril's now in one photo, practice makes perfect! Lovely photos by the way.
  • Thanks Catlady....I think all 6 will be impossible but am not giving up lol
  • Very busy with visitors in the garden today...even had..

Great tit inspecting a nest box

And even a pair of bluetits hopefully moving into one.....

Then the both left after lots of coming and goings..Too much material or just to put off others?

Couple of Lollipops passing through and stopped for some fuel

Little Dunnock by the pond as always

Mr BB singing his wee heart out...hoping for a Mrs?

And he gets a Starling...Me dont think he was impressed lol

So managed to get all 4 sitting nicely...too far apart for a decent pic but they need to be or its hell lol

Wee cheeky chappie  hiding...

And to finish Mrs GSW

Hope you all enjoyed.

Take care

• One young blackbird sitting on the fence with not a care in the world ?

• Lots of hungry birds in the garden over the past few day...mostly just stuffing their beaks and flying off to feed their young I guess.

Each day I have also got up to a tiny pile of feathers , and finally caught the culprit on my trail cam this morning.....Sparrowhawk having a takeaway early in the morning! Least I know it wasnt a cat or fox. 

I fear it may have taken my nest building bluetit as it aint been back Confused

So on a slightly cheerier note, time for some pictures:

Oh I look stunning....compared to the other guy

Feel sorry for this little dude

Hes probably run ragged trying to feed the family, but still had time to stop and pose for me

And my usual furry nutty visitors

That was all 5 squirrels eating together but just couldnt get them all in one picture!....oh and now I actually have 8 visiting squirrels Joy

Hope you are all safe and well.

• O'h dear, hope your little Blue Tit is OK, it is perilous for them this time of the year they are so intent on food for their young. The scruffy Robin will know all about that by the look of him, at least your garden will help with the feeding.
  • Me too Gaynor..hope he just set up home somewhere else! Just waiting on live mealworms to be delivered but its gonna be hard to stop the starlings taking them all!
  • Lovely pictures again Linda....still envious of your Coal Tit. Hope the Blue Tits are ok, worrying time for the little birds, so many predators around. Didn't realise until i saw Spring watch the other year that Woodpeckers eat blue tit chicks as well!!
  • Thanks David, yes they are wee cuties..,,Another pile of feathers this morning Confused..soon cleared up by nest building starling .. Yeah I saw that too the Woodpecker going in and taking the bluetit chicks out the nest...I just hope mines are well fed and have no need to do that!!! The circle of life my friend!
  • Linda257 said:
    Another pile of feathers this morning ..

It's no good - you're just going to have to get up earlier to catch the perpetrator on camera!!! 

Only joking! You're already doing a fine job reporting on your garden inhabitants.