Butterflies & Moths 2020

• Lovely photos all,   rather envious of the Small Copper as haven't seen one for ages but what a great find Gaynor and brilliant photos.

I can only offer you a Green veined White and a rather tatty Red Admiral from today in our local woodland area ....

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Nice spot, especially if it was your first. I've not been lucky enough yet so far this year.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to HAZY:

Nice photos - you and the butterflies making the most of fairly rare sunshine in recent days!
    I don't think that's a G-v White as the veins aren't dark enough. I suspect it's a Large,

Nige   Flickr

• Lovely selection all. Well done with your Small Copper, Gaynor, a real favourite of mine. :-)

All I can add is a female Common Blue from our walk today.

And a first for our garden, one of two Ringlets at the pond.

My bird photos HERE

• Thanks all, I'm a happy bunny now, yes it is the first for me, Caught my eye as it was so bright as I walked through the long grass on my way to the field where the farmer has planted for the insects, butterflies and bees this year, only to find that he had cut it down yesterday, I only hope the wildlife has laid its' eggs and hatched out plenty of young, apparently he plans to put down grass for sileage now :(
    Lovely additions Hazy and Paul, I am enjoying these creatures, not easy though, they do tend to flit about!!

Lot to learn

•  Guess what I ate for my lunch today?

Hang on that's a little small

I didn't pick the tatty one!!, but hey they were a surprise to see this early, but lovely tasting:-)

Sorry not on subject!!!!!!

Lot to learn

• In reply to Nigel O:

Nigel O said:
    Nice photos - you and the butterflies making the most of fairly rare sunshine in recent days!
    I don't think that's a G-v White as the veins aren't dark enough. I suspect it's a Large,

I agree, except I'd go for possible Small White, but only a guess. Not easy these Whites.......

Gaynors look tricky! LOL Yum yum.

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Bit early too Hazel, according to this the summer is over and autumn appears:-)

Lot to learn

• Right time of the month though Gaynor, just after the full moon. We are complaining bitterly about the weather, really windy & hardly any butterflies, 3 budlheas? in bloom & hardly anything around them. Fingers crossed for a warm autumn.

Clicked a bit quick, I had a few photos to post from a walk the other day, a Provencal Short-tailed Blue

Sooty Copper

& Grizzled Skipper (or it's close relation)

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Lovely photos Hazel, they have delightful names.

Lot to learn