Beautiful Butterflies 2019

3 days of sunshine & Butterflies galore. Well, not really but we did see 3 Brimstones a Red Admiral & a Peacock. I did get a shot of the Brimstone flying, but I think trying to photograph Butterflies in flight is one of the first signs of madness. Anyway, it's high time I started this thread.

This is the link to last years thread https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196195/beautiful-butterflies-2018/1219455#1219455

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Thanks for starting the new thread, Hazel. Can't wait for the new season to start after the long dark winter.
    Funnily enough, one of my acquaintances said he'd seen a yellow butterfly in his garden this morning. It was almost certainly a Brimstone. Well done on being the first to photograph one this year - but you are several hundred kilometres further south. LOL

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Yes, I'm eagerly tying to get all the winter jobs finished so I can go chasing butterflies around. It's early days though & could get colder yet!

Best wishes

• Hi there H ... not mad but maybe a tad desperate! Lol
    Many thanks for thinking to start new thread, hopefully we shall soon be inundated with lots of lovely pics!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks Hazel, I was thinking of trying for an in-flight shot of a butterfly this year! I guess I'll just go and gibber quietly in the corner :)

Nige   Flickr

• We had a lovely walk around yesterday & saw dozens of Brimstones, a couple of Red Admirals & Peacocks & 4 (at least) large Tortoiseshell butterflies. Photos to follow!

Firstly a distant one

& then a close-by but closed

& finally almost open & close-by

Sunny days are here again, tra, la la, la la.......

Best wishes

• It's sunny and much warmer here too but I haven't seen any butterflies yet. I think Large Tortoiseshells are extinct in the UK so I'm rather envious.

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• No Butterflies here yet...
    But here's a caterpillar from Twitter
    twitter.com/.../1098870102458552321

My Flickr photos

• Noisette, thank you for starting off this years thread.

It's a little early here for butterflies, but it won't be long before we start seeing a few.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Noisette:

Very nice Hazel, sadly not seen any here yet.

Jim

My Pictures

• Very nice, like the others I've not seen any yet, let alone a LT, despite almost a week of sun and unseasonably warm weather

Nige   Flickr