Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Grey Heron visitor to the water garden,  taken from balcony

Honey bee ?    collecting pollen from the Echinacea flowers -  not the best lens as I had the 300mm x 1.4 on the camera !

Regards, Hazel 

• Blimey, they grow bees big up your way Hazel!! :o)
  • Unknown said:
    Grey Heron visitor to the water garden,  taken from balcony

Are you sure it's not a Great Blue, Hazel. ROFL. 

Bird watching from a balcony sounds good to me. Did you have to put the G&T down to take the photos? Joy

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:
    Are you sure it's not a Great Blue, Hazel. ROFL.

LOL Tony  !!!       ermm, let me think about it ........    !!       

Unknown said:
    Bird watching from a balcony sounds good to me. Did you have to put the G&T down to take the photos? 

thanks for the reminder to get the G & T out now the sun is over the yardarm ;)    and I've even bought a fresh lemon to go with it  :)

Regards, Hazel 

• A nice visitor to get, the bee on the flowers has lovely colours.

Now you are tempting us all, G&T, fresh lemon and ice! Mmm

Not that I am a G&T drinker, I remember long ago when I were a lad and you tried out alcohol to see what you fancied to be your drink, never fancied G&T, with the perfume smell. That was when you only got the one brand. Now with all the fancy ones you get and sales of G&T, I think I need to go to a tasting session! We have a distillery only 16 miles away (Dunnet Distillery, incidentally where RSPB bought Dunnet Head) has made award winning gin and vodka. Think I may buy some small bottles and have a try!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I've not progressed on from Gordons so will have to on a tasting session with you catlady lol

Regards, Hazel 

• Unknown said:
    I've not progressed on from Gordons so will have to on a tasting session with you catlady lol

Have just googled and I really think I will do this tour and tasting sometime, and purchase the mixed box of miniatures!  I have had homemade tablet with either the gin or vodka, can't remember which, and it was Loverly!!!! Will let you know the date to see if you can manage!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lovely shots and video, Bob. The Stag staring down the camera near the end would have had me looking behind me for somewhere safe to retreat to.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• …. ♪ and a  ♫  Partridge ♫ in a …… ♪ field of  ♫  Brussel Sprouts ♪  …… !!

It does still have a bit of a Christmas feel to it.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Thanks, everyone, for all the lovely photos/videos. And stay safe--don't want to lose any of you from being gored by a keyed-up stag.
    Hazel, Thanks for the comedy link--wish they had a competition once a month or at least until this virus thing has been conquered. That fish does look as though human teeth have been photo-shopped into it, but I googled the fish and some actually do look as though they have something vaguely like human teeth, and some are blue!
    TJ, LOL! Blue Heron, indeed! Hmmm, not likely, but I seem to remember that subject came up awhile ago...on another thread, didn't it?!

Kind regards, Ann