The Young of 2019

• I normally only see them in winter so I've never seen one that young.

Nige   Flickr

• A couple of Swallow youngsters

Maybe when they age a bit they'll not get their wings tangled in the vegetation when they land

Nige   Flickr

• Hello sorry if this is the wrong thread!

I’ve just had two fledgling sparrows fall in to the cupboard/hidden pipe area where my stopcock is. I can’t see a nest nor would i be able to reach it if i could!

Does anybody here know what i should do? Or be able to link me somewhere that would telle what to do?

I know your to leave them outside or under a bush but I’m not quite sure what to because i found them in my house.
  • In reply to Luluscado:

Hi LuluS, Apologies that you have had no replies on this thread. I'm no expert so please do not take my comments as gospel. With luck someone else will suggest something. In the meantime, if you've been able to catch the young birds perhaps you could take them to a wildlife rescue centre or failing that, perhaps you could place the birds as high as you can reach in a bush or a tree, preferably one out of reach of any prowling cats, namely not on a substantial branch which a cat could easily reach by climbing. The parents should be able to find them if not too much time has elapsed since they disappeared. Best of luck and please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Ann

• I've not seen many young GCGrebes this year, until I came across a pair in the local park. Still hanging around one parent but practically independent.

Nor do I see many young Tufties so it was nice when this group suddenly appeared on the canal. No idea where they have been hiding up until now as they are well advanced for all their fluffiness

Nige   Flickr