Your best 3 photos for the month of February 2019

• In reply to James:

James I know, I've spent hours today posting various threads of pics from the past weeks and all the pictures have disappeared. I've now given up and will not be bothering with the forum anymore, my level of frustration is through the roof.

KR
    Tony

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wherryman/

• Tony look at your thread earlier I don't think you can blame the community this time.

My Flickr photos

• Alan, I'm not sure which thread you mean, I've looked at all my posts today and all the pictures have gone with just an odd symbol left. I really don't know what to do

KR
    Tony

• This one Tony community.rspb.org.uk/.../last-weeks-garden-visitors I've done a snapshot of your flickr stream and can't see your photos you linked into that thread

My Flickr photos

• It is Flickr playing up not this forum...this time.

My Flickr photos

• @ Tony, your pictures are showing now and I did not know you were linking to your flickr account so if it goes down so do your pictures till it come back on line that why I upload mine from the comp to here so no other site involved.

Jim

My Pictures

• In defence of the forum, having used forums in the past, I've found uploading from an online source (Google Photos, Photobucket and Flickr) to be iffy at the best of times, so I prefer to upload the photo(s) from my PC.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to James:

Jim I had no idea that if Flickr went down my pictures disappeared, thats are real pain in the .... When I look at most of my photo sizes they are about 6/10mb even with some cropping so I use Flickr to resize and upload. I now need to find another solution somehow.

KR
    Tony

• Do you use a windows machine Tony and if so what version?
    I use windows photo gallery to resize mine.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to tony:

Tony T said:
    Jim I had no idea that if Flickr went down my pictures disappeared, thats are real pain in the .... When I look at most of my photo sizes they are about 6/10mb even with some cropping so I use Flickr to resize and upload. I now need to find another solution somehow.

Tony, I think you use a Canon DSLR, if so and you take in RAW, then Canon's own program could be worth considering.

If you're using jpg, there are plenty out there to use, Photo Gallery is one which Alan mentions, I use Adobe Photoshop (an old version, it suits me, non of that highfalutinated social media extras, a proper photo editor of old), though I think it has been replaced with Adobe Lightbox or something like that.

Resizing is quick and easy, and I usually drop mine down to 1024x683 (full frame 3:2 35mm ratio), though you can use other presets to select 5x5, 16x9 or chose your own ratios.

Another plus with Photoshop, it retains all the photo file detail, ie date & time taken, camera, lens, focal length, shutter speed, exposure and more.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler