Your best 3 photos for the month of January 2019

It's that time again for your best three photos. Looking forwards to seeing them.

The best of December thread is Here for 2018

My three

• lovely set to start us off Jim.     To be honest I haven't been out much with camera this month so I'm very limited to what I can show you ..... as we still have one day to go yet I will see if I can add any from today's venture out at LM.   

• Fabulous photos so far and what brilliant sightings you had Alan.

OK, thankfully, I managed a few pics in the final two days so here are my three starting with one of the snipe I haven't posted previously.....

a very confiding nuthatch at Leighton Moss who came within 5 feet of me as I was placing down a few mealworms ....

and a bird I don't see too often,  a beautiful Tree Sparrow at Foulshaw Moss, Cumbria

• Lovely photos from everyone so far.

I took very few photos in January so I'm scratching around to find suitable ones.

A couple of tiddlers in the winter sunshine

For my third one I had to resort to photographing a garden bird. LOL

• For my third one I had to resort to photographing a garden bird. LOL

lol Great photos Tony;    I had a quiet month of photographing too so had to rely on the last two days !

• As usual, lots of great sightings and photos from all. 

A difficult choice for me, but I suppose I have to include a rare (for me) photo opportunity with a Kestrel at Lunt Meadows

I seem to have an awful lot of Goldeneye photos this month, mainly female, who seem much less shy than the males at the moment. This one at Pennington …

Too many to choose for the last one, but I suppose I'll go with the Goosander, as I rarely get this close to a male, so it was nice to out-fox him for once! Taken at Moses Gate Park.

• A nice selection again from everyone this month. Quite sparse pickings for me in January but my three favourites are:

I've posted this one before but I like the big wave behind the Shag.

Incoming drake Wigeon.

And I do like a Gull, a 2cy Herring Gull in this particular case.

• You certainly do save all your best shots for this thread don't you, they are all fabulous. I don't usually take part here but the thread came up on the notifications so I had a quick nosy. It gives me such a warm feeling to see all your photos everyone, and I can even name them these days, hope you all keep posting.
  • I love the heron one Jim, that's a brilliant capture

• Cracking photos everyone. Sadly, January hasn't been a good photogenic month here, but non-the-less, the camera has been out.

A juvenile brown rat, checking to see if was safe to come back out and feed....

Poor light hampered a half decent photo of this juvenile crested grebe

The poor light for the above photo facilitated good reflection on the pool for the photo below.

• Great photos from everyone as usual, here are my 3 from quite a good months travels.

Waxwing from Bury St Edmunds bus station.

Marsh Tit 

LTT & BT sharing..........