Beautiful Butterflies 2018

Waiting for H to transfer her Comma over!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Unknown said:

A pair of Green-veined White getting the next generation started 

Great photos everyone, our weather has gone belly-up again this week! I think these 2 are Small Whites TJ?

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Michael B said:

Here's my very small offering, a small white at RSPB Middleton Lakes Sat 21 April

I think these photos are of a female Orange tip with a faded hind wing. The spots in the wrong place for Small White.

I had an interesting Green-veined White a day or so ago with no spots! It was a definate Green-veined on it's underside though,

Best wishes

• Only just come across this thread and nice pictures everyone.

@ Mike your Small white is a Female Orange tip.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hazel C said:

A pair of Green-veined White getting the next generation started 

Great photos everyone, our weather has gone belly-up again this week! I think these 2 are Small Whites TJ?

[/quote]You could be right, Hazel. It was a poor photo and I wasn't aware of seeing any Small Whites so I kind of assumed whereas Green-veined are prolific at the moment. What were the features that led you to think they were Small Whites.

Anyway this is definitely a Green Veined

A better shot of a Brimstone.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:
    What were the features that led you to think they were Small Whites.

The sort of dusty yellow underside with no apparant veins & it's jizz! Difficult to say!

Best wishes

• quote user="Noisette"

quote user="Mike B"

Here's my very small offering, a small white at RSPB Middleton Lakes Sat 21 April

quote I think these photos are of a female Orange tip with a faded hind wing. The spots in the wrong place for Small White.

Thank you Hazel, I'm far from being of any knowledge on butterflies, and I'm keen to learn, so I'm happy for any correction, guidance or whatever folk want to call it.

• A backlit Speckled Wood

Nige   Flickr

• Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• A few recent one's, Southern White Admiral

Green hairstreak

& a probable Grizzled Skipper

It's lovely to see them back for the summer.

Best wishes

• No pic but saw my first Orange-tip in garden two days ago, wouldn't settle for me though!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr