Leighton Moss 22/23/24/25/26-1-2018

Hi all, I am just getting this thread started, Its been a very long day today, got up at 4:30am and set off at 6:30am from my mates so have just had two hour in bed, so will post this one picture first of an Otter it was a long way out and even at 600mm still needed a crop, will try and get a few more up tonight but not promising :( taken from Grisedale hide now time to have something to eat.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Looking at some pictures to post and came across a picture with four Greylag's flying over on looking at it I could see two had neck rings on and I could just make them out so have just reported the sighting to the BTO

Cormorant landing

Great White Egret and eel.

Great White Egret and eel.

Lapwings

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Nice shots, Jim. I'm still waiting for word back about a ringed Godwits from a few weeks ago.

My bird photos HERE

• I reported one last year I think it was Paul, and got a reply back the day after? I will check my mail when I get back in later, just had a look outside and its wet but raining at the mo so will keep fingers crossed for the rest of the day.

@ Hazel, Mike the birds are waiting for you and so is FMR

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• I sent a message to Hazel, and she is not feeling to good she has the bug everyone else has me too but I have had it for over a week now and still feel ok just a nasty cough and sore throat so she is not calling up today and will see how she feels tomorrow.

Get well soon Hazel, FMR is missing you.

@ Paul, I have got a reply back this morning Paul, and has sent a picture that I cropped from the original so will see if I get a reply later.

This is the picture I have sent.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Thanks, Jim.  Interesting neck rings.  Sorry to hear Hazel is not feeling well.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank you Ann, Hazel, must be relay feeling under the weather not coming on here for a couple of days and I told FMR that she said she was sorry but will make up for it.

Been raining here must of the day but headed off about 1:00pm as the rain eased but still very dull, I only got a few pictures and these had a lot of noise in them and are similar to yesterdays pictures so won’t post any, tomorrow is looking a lot better so will have another full day and hope to get some more pictures to post here.

@ Paul, got a message today with a picture after sending the picture in I took.

My name is down twice :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Jim, You've snapped a mated pair, 4 and 6 years old--well done you, for taking their picture and for submitting your sightings!

Edit:  Oops, sorry, I read the wrong line--both are 6 years old!

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank you Ann, I never noticed they were a pair and he got the sighting date wrong on the male its 2018 not 2017 :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Some more pictures from yesterday.

Great White Egret in the Golden hour.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• I wonder if the other two in your photo are their youngsters from their most recent nest.

Kind regards, Ann