Forthcoming talk and book signing

We're excited to announce that RSPB England Committee member and environmentalist Mya-Rose Craig will be visiting Minsmere on Sunday 17 July for a talk and book signing. Mya-Rose Craig is also known as Birdgirl, having blogged under that name for several years. She is a young British-Bangladeshi birdwatcher who is the youngest person to see half of the world's birds. 

Mya-Rose will be talking about how nature helped her to get through mental health issues and inspired her to write her new book, also called Birdgirl. Her talk will start at 11.30 am, and places are strictly limited. To book, please click here. Then from 2 pm, Mya-Rose will signing copies of her book in the shop. You'll be able to buy copies on the day too.

This talk is sure to prove popular, so book your tickets as soon as possible.

• Tickets are still available to hear Mya-Rose Craig on Sunday. Please book via the link above.

In her own words, this book is: "a memoir about myself as a child and my family coping with my mum’s mental illness and using our connection with birds and nature as an escape mechanism."

I, for one, can't wait to hear Mya-Rose talk and to chat to her about her book and fantastic campaigning work