Where is the puffling?

Can see two adults in the burrow, but no sign of the peerie een!!

•  Hi Lunklet - 9.08 this morning............

but am watching nest closely as both adults are there and currently blocking puffling from view

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

They were very restless a little earlier, pulling the nesting material apart as if they were looking for something - still can't see the puffling unless he/she is right at the back, but not sure how far back the burrow goes.

• In reply to Lunklet:

Hi Lunklet - have just got back in & looked at puffincam and it surely looks a mess from when I looked earlier - have phoned North Scotland Office - no-one available at present so have left message on ansaphone asking someone to have a look - their cams may be better positioned - all I can do for now - I am so far away!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Further investigations to contact Helen Moncrieff revealed there has been an incident - don't know details - footage is being checked as is the nest and Helen will post later on blog

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Hello Lunklet - just had my call returned from RSPB and they said the chick had died at around 12 noon today - no further details - sorry to be bearer of bad news - Helen Moncrieff will update blog any time now

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to doggie:

don't know if you read the blog doggie but it seems as if other puffins may have attacked it - apparently people all over the world were watching and RSPB are piecing it all together so more will be revealed later. Yes - very sad - I watched it from when it was an egg and I was a real newbie!!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to doggie:

basically 'cos I don't know how to do it!! as per usual

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to doggie:

I've just joined the RSPB in honour of that tiny little flame of puffin life that was snuffed out today. I haven't stopped crying yet. The poor parents.

• In reply to OldWeather2:

So sorry for your loss.  If you are interested, there is another puffin cam from Seal Island, Maine:     explore.org   I have been watching 'Petey' the puffling for some time now, and can't imagine if anything would happen to him.  Again, so sorry for your loss of the wee one.

• In reply to doggie:

Must be particularly 'thick' tonight doggie - just can't see an address that I can highlight - where - who - how ??

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr