Guide Dogs for the Blind at Saltholme

I've read in another forum that Dogs are not allowed at Saltholme! But do you allow Blind people to use their Guide Dogs at Saltholme, as a number of RSPB reserves do. I'm not blind myself, but I do hope Saltholme allows a Blind person to use their Guide Dog, because if wasn't for Guide Dogs alot of Blind people wouldn't get anywhere.

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks Allan,

It's good to know that Saltholme do allow registered dogs for their Deaf and Blind owners who want to go Birdwatching.

Regards,

Ian.

• Hi Thomo,

Registered assistance dogs are of course allowed on the reserve, we would be doing ourselves a great disservice if we excluded any group by not allowing guide and assistance dogs. However due to the sensitive nature of the reserve and the proliferation of ground nesting birds that could be disturbed during the breeding season, as well as the livestock we have to graze the site year round, the reserve is not suitable for pet dogs. We do in the car park provide shaded parking bays for cars with dogs as well as a dog exercise area with dog waste bins etc.

Hope this clarifies our position and puts your mind at ease.

Regards

Lydia