barking bay

were is barking bay and how do i get there please its not on any maps

thank you.

happy birding.

• Hi Peewit,

Not sure if it's the same place I'm thinking of, but there is access to the Thames via the Barking Riverside entrance on Renwick Road. You used to be able to access via Choats Road on foot, but they have closed this access now as they are doing excavation work on this section.

If you drive into the Barking Riverside (It's signposted along Renwick Road and River Road) You can park on the gravel track to the right of the visitors centre. Don't park in the Visitors centre car Park as they might get a bit grumpy. Barking Riverside actively encourage access onto the Thames at this point so I recommend popping along there. There are usually plenty of Shelduck, Curlew, Redshank, and sometime Avocet, although I've not seen them there yet.

The grasslands there are also good for Skylarks. And there is the Ripple Nature Reserve opposite the entrance and down Renwick Road a bit that at the moment is good for Chiffchaff and Blackcap, and there was a Sparrowhawk looming through the woods there the other day. It went eerily quiet when he swooped through.

Hope this helps,

Michael

• thanks for that. i always see barking bay in the  east london birders forum.i will give the place a try

thank you.

happy birding.