Another Good Day At Minsmere

Today was a bit cloudy but it didn't stop the wildlife coming out to be Photographed.

The Bird Feeder outside the Café this morning was busy with Goldfinches, Chaffinches, Greenfinches, Blue Tits, Great Tits and a quick Visits from a Nuthatch.

I wasn't able to get a photo of the Nuthatch and  it was my first time ever seeing a Nuthatch too.

When we left the Café we made our way to the Pond. One member of staff told me that I could Find the Fly Agaric and at the fork in the Path to North Bush and to North Hide.

The once behind the Pond.

The once that were at the fork in the Path to North Hide and North Bush.

The North Hide was quiet. The Highland Cattle and the Konik Polski Ponies were waiting out the front of the North Hide.

A nice view from along the North Hide Path

After Lunch we made our way to The Sluice and o the was back we stopped in the South Hide and The Wildlife Hide.

We had something difference waiting for some at The Sluice today

On our way back our first port of call was the South Hide.

I just got to the low window for Wheelchairs and there was a Little Egret just taking off.

There was a lonesome Redshank and the Glasswort. I can't remember seeing all the Glasswort last year at the South Hide?

The Wildlife Hide was our next stop.

There was a Mute Swan with young just swimming round the front of the Hide.

Sorry for the Camera shake in this and the next Photo the Swan caught me off guard.

A Female Teal I think?

Just to the right of the hide window was a Red Admiral Butterfly.

That is the end of another enjoyable day at Minsmere. I hope to see you all next week?

My Flickr. Photos link HERE

Parents
  • Nick, another good mix of Minsmere's wildlife and it was good to be able to say hello to you as we started our walk around the reserve on wed. I need to sort my pictures to see if any worth posting, it was very hazey at times but there were plenty of interesting waders and great views of a pair of Hobby over the car park. My last visit this year as we are going to NZ for 7 weeks and Xmas when we get back, see you next in the new year.

• HI Tony,

It was nice to meet you as well, it's good to put a name to a face.

Have a Great time in NZ and I hope the you get some good wildlife photos too. See you the new year.

My Flickr. Photos link HERE

Reply Children
No Data