Too flaming cold for much at Minsmere today........

..........which meant I stayed around the Visitor Centre and its feeders.  The snow stopped not long after I got to Minsmere but that cold wind really cut through you.  The birds knew it, too - there was a relentless stream of them to-ing and fro-ing:

Phil thinks about whether to jump up or not.

Mrs Phil has no such problem!

Is Mr Chaffinch going to make up his mind and dive in?

Mrs Chaffinch doesn't mind if she does.

The smaller birds tend to give the magpies plenty of space.  I think it's more of an instinctive thing, though, as the magpies invariably target the food when they fly down.

There were loads of blue tits flying in and out.

Mrs Blackbird doesn't inspire the same wariness as the magpie.

Mr Blackbird suddenly finds himself deserted.  What could be about?  Nothing I saw!

The lovely marsh tit finally sat still for long enough to be snapped.

Finishing with a pretty dunnock.

Enjoy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

Parents
  • Well sadly out coach trip onto the North Yorkshire Moors with the Newcastle Upon Tyne Group tomorrow has been cancelled because of the snow, but not to worry as the Group are now going to visit RSPB reserve Saltholme tomorrow instead.

Regards,

Ian.

• Well sadly out coach trip onto the North Yorkshire Moors with the Newcastle Upon Tyne Group tomorrow has been cancelled because of the snow, but not to worry as the Group are now going to visit RSPB reserve Saltholme tomorrow instead.

Regards,

Ian.

Children
No Data