11/04/2010 visit

Sunday 11/04/2010 the sun was shining, it must be the hottest day of the year so far! Not that that is saying much. I felt it was time I saw my first Osprey of the year, so a few hours at Loch of Kinnordy was the place chosen. All seemed quiet at first the Swamp hide was my first stop. Some nice views with good light. The Stoat was a very nice bonus.

At the Gullery hide I got my target, not the greatest viewing but no mistake it was an Osprey eating a fish, on a post the other side of the Loch. Plenty of spring activity going on, Shoveler, teal, Gadwall, Coot, Redshank Oystercatcher Mallards and many more all paring up. The Sholever having the most trouble, many more male than female.

After about an hour or so I took a walk around the Loch, the path is quite good most of the way. From the other side I could see a couple of Osprey One in a tree and the other flying around above carrying a fish and calling as loud as it could displaying its fishing skills to impress a mate. All in all a good day.  

At the old barn on the far side of the Loch there is evidence of  Owl activity, and a box high up in the barn, may need a return trip when the sun is down one day! Owls are my FAV!

Take care all

John :-)