EJ

I have always felt that we should have a thread for EJ as well as Odin.

My countdown clock says that we might expect her to swoop into Loch Garten 76 days from now. I hjope it has warmed up by then.

• Well you guys know her of old, I just know her since last year and all was rosy with Odin last year, I am shocked that she could forget him so quickly, the Magnificant Odin, oh I hope it all ends well.    Or if he doesnt win the battle, I do hope he finds himself a monogamous female and they live happily ever after.

• I just knew I wouldn't want to ''catch up'' with this thread today  :(

TIGER    I'm impressed

• MaryGK - Garry is a marvellous photographer and must have sat there patiently to get them images - they are awesome.

I always leave my camera in the car when I go into Rothiemurchus as I would be charged £140.

Free at LG site and Loch Insh.

• Unknown said:

MaryGK - Garry is a marvellous photographer and must have sat there patiently to get them images - they are awesome.

I always leave my camera in the car when I go into Rothiemurchus as I would be charged £140.

So if I wanted to go to the Rothiemurchas Fish Farm Keith, would I be charged £140 if I took an SLR with me then??? even although I am not a professional photographer!!!    Never been to Loch Insh, so its another on my To Do list.

• Unknown said:

MaryGK - Garry is a marvellous photographer and must have sat there patiently to get them images - they are awesome.

So if I wanted to go to the Rothiemurchas Fish Farm Keith, would I be charged £140 if I took an SLR with me then??? even although I am not a professional photographer!!!    Never been to Loch Insh, so its another on my To Do list.

[/quote]

You get in for about £5 to £10 but then you do not get real close to the prime osprey fishing sites.

• Thanks Tiger, maybe a possibility of getting lucky then and see an Osprey up close, or do they only fish in one part of the fishery.

Edit: The part that the cheap tickets dont let you see LOL....

• Unknown said:

Thanks Tiger, maybe a possibility of getting lucky then and see an Osprey up close, or do they only fish in one part of the fishery.

Edit: The part that the cheap tickets dont let you see LOL....

An osprey can decide to fish anywhere. The pool we were beside had fish which were probably too big for ospreys to  catch. I fancy you could catch them by hand.

• So there is a chance that you could get lucky even if you only pay the £5 entry £140 seems a bit steep.

• Mary - As you appreciate it is primarily a fish farm for fishermen so have some pools or fish lakes with very large fish that may be too large for male ospreys to carry. Certain pools or holding pools hold smaller fish and may be a preference to fishing ospreys and for photography.

I would never pay the £140 or so - I think they do this before official opening time - The most i paid is £5 and saw Ospreys fish OK.

As you know I live beside Lochter and the owner said he is going to try the same and build a phot hide - someone told him about Rothiemurchus. I always put on my RSPB badge and I think he thinks I have something to do with them and just lets me photograph away.

• Thanks Keith, I see Lochter is near Pitmedden, if I am up that way I might visit the gardens then check out Lochter.   Got a lot of visiting to plan this year I think