LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• MUSIC NITE

WHEREAS :) a lot of people enjoyed our first music night and

WHEREAS ;) they seemed to be looking forward to a second one and

WHEREAS :) it is getting as quiet as a ghost town here on the Gabfest

I therefore make the following proposals:

1. that we liven things up a bit with our Second Music Night!

2. that the theme for the said Second Music night be PERSONAL FAVORITES.

3. that we have the Second Music Night soon! I suggest Sat Nov 19th.

4. that we dedicate the Second Music Night to our friend, KEITH ROGERS, who is absent due to illness.

I further request that each of you get in touch with the Gabfest with your agreements or disagreements and any suggestions you have for procedures ASOP.

Remember, we keep our own private list of music to ourselves until the night

• Hi June,think the 19th is a good choice leaves us a bit more time to think of a  selection.

Lets hope Keith will be back with us by then,we are missing him on here.

Need to pop over to the US now for a while Eagle chatting,will be back later.

• June I am happy with the 19th and think it will be a good  and very interesting night personal favourites.

sugar, I have read the news on Dyfi from Frederic, what a lovely man and so much hard work and dedication looking for Leri.  I hope it is transmitter problems and cannot believe the lengths he is going to to find out the truth.  Putting on a wetsuit in the heat there and going out into the water is far more than expected and he already has done so much more.

Going to get some dinner and might be back later.

• Hi June and all...

I'm just home from work and catching up..

Many thanks to Frederic, such dedication it's so heartening..

Keith hope you're reading and look forward to your wit and knowlege retuning to the Gabfest...

June the 19th.. as with the movie premier, I'm busy, I'll happily catch up when I get home though.. a good idea, making it personal favourites..

All for one and one for all.

• Hi, B&B, enjoy your Dinner.

Black Jag & Keith, with your interest in birds & photography of birds, surely you look into this site now & then    http://www.Palmale.com     about the rich big city birds Who have an expensive Fifth Avenue address across from Centrl Park, New York City.   With the wonderful close-up details of the birds themselves and the artistic placement of the background he captures them in, his pictures are simply top-notch in my opinion. More than once I catch my breath when I first glimpse one of his photos.

I heartily recomment the site for any lover of wildlife.

• June, I tried the link it's not working, could you have a double check for me, please.

All for one and one for all.

• Hi June,i've been looking at Palemale site a couple of years,brilliant pics by Lincoln Karim.

Hi black jaguar.

• Hi Lowry, Can you tell us a bit about your US eagle. Where is he/she/they located?  What are they up to this time of year?

• Hi June I cannot open that link but have read the Wikipedia and fascinating story, happy and also sad. I would love to get onto that site and tried to find it through internet explorer.

I will find it no worries smile.

June my dinner was good and managed to cook it without the smoke alarm going off.

Hi black jag and Lowry you are very quiet :)

• That should be.

http://www.palemale.com

If nothing goes right, go left! :-)