Weekly Chat, Sunday, April 17, 2011

Evening all: Just off to check recent posts.

• Good Morning ALL. Another bright and warm sunny morning.

Linda: Lovely pictures from your holidays. Loved your description of the hills looking like a duvet. 

Lynette, So sorry to hear of your daughter's car accident, but so glad she escaped without any serious injury. I should think she is feeling very sore though.

Alan, Laughed at the fellow from the 'extreme ironing' group on the M1. There are times when we sit on a motorway, that we could all do our ironing before we get started again.

Terry, I hope you are feeling so much better. Thanks for your news from Bassenthwaite.

Diane, Good Luck with assembling the lawn mower. Yet another bad storm for you !!  There has to be some respite from them for you some time soon.

Hope you all enjoy today.

• Good morning all and another glorious day with the promise that it will be even hotter today.  Crazy really fr this time of year as it is hotter here than in parts of Europe.  Just hope we are not going to pay for it when it should be summer.

Just come in from a conversation with Billie, who always lets me know when she wants fuss made of her.  Sorry can't remember who suggested I should write a story about her.  When the ospreys are no longer with us I might just do that.  Having to watch her a bit as she likes to drink the pond water even though she has her own bowl with water to drink.  Perhaps I should fill if from the pond instead of giving her bottled water.

Lindybird so sorry to read that Buzz is still unwell, must be such a worry for you and OH.  What a shame animals can't tell us what is wrong.

Liked your "Easter Egg" gift and as you say it will not put weight on.  I said to OH I wouldn't have an egg this year as quite honestly I prefer one of the big bars of Cadbury's whole nut choc.  I don' eat chocolate for ages but now and then really fancy it so have it while the fancy takes me.  Fortunately I am lucky nowadays as my weight seems stable, in earlier years I weighted 14 stone I am ashamed to say but out now stick just under 9 stone which seems to be my ideal weight, any less and I really start to look ill.

Loved the photos of the chipmunks, how cute are they.

Alan thanks for the pic of the Brugmanisa in your conservatory, really looks tropical.

Diane hope you manage to get the mower together and enjoy mowing with it.  You are right about Billie we are not going to rush him as we don't want him to be scared after making such headway with her.  Do stay safe with all those storms, it must be like living on a knife edge for you.

Lynette sorry to read daughter's car was a write off and also that she is bruised and sore.  It will probably take a while for that to wear off.

Annette  good to hear that your daughter is coping OK with baby but will probably feel happier when she is left on her own to deal with things although it is very kind of your daughter to have provided support in the first few weeks of little one's life.

TerryM  I may have already said this but the site was a real pain yesterday with error message that kept coming up but glad yoy enjoyed the day at Bassenthwaite and I hope you are feeling a lot better now.

Margobird

• Terry loved the texting for seniors.  My nephews and nieces laugh at me for texting every word in full.  When I get one from them I often have trouble working out what they are saying.

Margobird

• Quick catch up.  Dau is feeling the emotional stress of the RTA now after dealing with all the practicalities yesterday. I suppose this will be normal for a few days yet, we just have to support her and see her through it.

Was up early this morning (6.30ish am) to get OH up to take dau to work.  Came downstairs and looked out at the bird feeders, could see birds on the nyjer feeder and to my amazement it was two gold finches I think ( ones with the red patch on their heads) so leaving it out there has paid off. I don't see them during the day so that was a real surprise.

BTW received my copy of Lady of the Loch by Helen Armitage yesterday so hope to enjoy reading it. Also joined SWT for a year.

• Lindybird do love the pics of the ground squirrels - thinking of going to the Canaries in October with dau (to keep her company). Bless her she usually goes on holiday herself but has got a bit tired of always being on her own in these faraway places so said if she wanted me, I would go with her this year.

Do hope Buzz is not too ill when you take him down to the vets tomorrow.

• For the first time in a while have looked at the Decorah Eagle cam and they have snow on the nest.  Eaglets look healthy and the female was feeding them.

Margobird

• Not been able to catch up for a couple of days so just had a quick skim read.

Gary thanks for the up to date TT pics.  She's beautiful.  I do hope you and OH are finding your dog bed comfortable!!!!!  I've no room to talk mind you.

Lindy lovely holiday snaps.  Cute ground squirrels.  I do hope Buzz is ok.

Mia had her booster jab yesterday and the squirt up the nose for kennel cough - the latter is the least favourite.  She never goes to kennels but  to begin with we didn't have her vaccinated for that reason for the cough but then she got it anyway so now we always have her vaccinated.  Don't think you can avoid it with a sociable dog that goes to classes too.

• Afternoon all,

Thanks for all the chat. Dont seem to have time to reply to everyone at the moment.

Linda : Thanks for the pics of the Chipmunks/ground squirrels. I hope that Buzz is ok. We had a problem with Hamish a few years ago and it turned out he had a blockage due to some rubber tubing he had eaten. He had to be operated on but was ok in the end.

Lynette: Sorry about your daughters car accident. I meant to say earlier.

Today we decided to go on a shopping mission to Tesco despite the fact the schools were off. We adopted a cunning plan whereby we went early so the screamers were still in bed. It worked a treat.

This afternoon I have been trying to clean the conservatory roof as it is a bit green after all the winter weather. Managed to get the worst of it off so that is another job done. 

3 eggs and all going well at Hilton Head. Some good pics of the pair Bea and Jasper:
    http://palmettoospreys.blogspot.com/

• Don't remind me Alan, our conservatory roof wants a clean but waiting for our window cleaner to give me a buzz to say when he can come - was on holiday when I first rang him.

Glad the Tesco visit went well - going early to any supermarket usually avoids screaming kids!!

Just looking at the goshawk site - mum sitting - background noise not like at LG where sound has gone.

• Couple of pics of a goldfinch in neighbours tree. Makes a change from the feeders: