Weekly Chat, Sunday, April 17, 2011

Evening all: Just off to check recent posts.

• Morning all: Really hot here today, but thank heaven back to "normal" in the next day or so.

Brenda/George: Hope you're both feeling better.

Sheila: Poor Andy, but do so enjoy watching Nadal.

Alan: Congrats on your win.

Lynette: It's nice to going on a spending spree isn't it? Especially when you don't do it that often. Don't feel guilty! Your Mom would want you to be happy. Do things with your brother and the family home work out for the best.

Had lovely breakfast with four friends this morning; then went to the gym. Grocery shopping tomorrow; must get out there early before the rush! Have a lovely Sunday all.

• Thank you Annette for starting us off on another week.  Where does the time go to these days?

What wonderful news about the egg.  Perhaps I'll see the next one.

Alan congratulations on Dundee's win.  You must be delighted;  and £10 on the lottery.  That's a decent bottle of wine to celebrate.

Wotsits and thingymebobs are useful turns of phrase these days.  I'm always forgetting the correct word, or losing the thread of the topic I started.  'Now, why did I start this?'

Looks like a beautiful day at LG with Odin sitting proudly on his two eggs.  EJ flew off about 20 minutes ago. - and my webcam has dropped out several times already this morning.  I hope it gets better later on, but I guess now we are into the Easter holidays it won't.  Hey ho.  Have a great Sunday everyone.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Hello!   Really sunny here, hurray!  And apparently, not too hot in London for the start of the London Marathon, which is now under way.

We have been watching two TV's as OH wanted to see the latest Grand Prix, and I wanted to see the Marathon.  Our Eldest's Girlfriend is running in the ladies race, (she is only an amatuer) so we are already shouting at the screen, although with over 35,000 runners, I doubt we will catch a glimpse of her.  She has collected over 1,200 pounds already for her charity, Cancer Research, so I take my hat off to her.

Thanks from me, too, to Annette for keeping us in order and starting us off again this week.

• This is as lovely little osprey quiz.

(some of you may have seen it before)

• Hi Lindybird, it's been quite an exciting start to the day!  What with the news of the second egg, Hamilton winning the GP and now David Weir GB has won the wheelchair marathon!  Ladies elite are at 21 miles, Mary Keitany leading on a remarkable time, heading for under 2hr19.

• UK female came second in the ladies wheelchair.  Jo Pavey attempting her first marathon and doing quite well, but unlikely to be in the winning bunch.

Liked the quiz Tiger.  The Bald Eagle one was also interesting.  Alaska has the largest population.

I have just noticed we have 254 folk in the group now.  Welcome all.  There must be a lot of info being passed on by word of mouth!

• Jo Pavey, our Olympic runner, came in on her first ever marathon at 19th place - not bad for a 1st timer!  She had only ever done a half marathon before (in New York) so was unsure of how she would perform.

I'm waiting with bated breath for the results from our Son's Girlfriend, who is no doubt finding it very hot now, after a coolish start to the race....

• I wish your son's girlfriend good luck!  I keep saying it would be fun to go to London to watch this, but never get round to it.  The atmosphere must be tremendous.

• Afternoon all,

Thanks for all the earlier chat.

Have been out and about spending my £10 lottery winnings. Unfortunately my tank of petrol cost over £50 pounds so lets hope I win more than a tenner the next time. Weather has been sunny this morning but has now gone cloudy. Off to a family barbecue later so I hope it continues to be a nice day.