Weekly Chat, Sunday, April 17, 2011

Evening all: Just off to check recent posts.

• Love that, Alan!   - am getting annoyed now, by the "Server Error" Notice coming on all the time.......

• Good morning all and another bright sunny day and even warmer.  Have been spending time with Billie in the garden who just loves being made a fuss of now.  We peeped out of the window at about 2.15 last night and there she was sitting in the flower tub having a wash.  Had another look as it was getting light and she must have slept there last night.  It is like a nest now where she has been laying in it.  OH wants to plant things in it but I won't let him if she is using it as her bed while the weather is so nice.  Unfortunately we couldn't give her the flea treatment last night, had a couple of tries but she knows something is going on and beat a hasty retreat to the carport roof.  We will just have to keep trying.

Lynette  so sorry to read about your daughter's accident.  What a shock for her and you, I would imagine she feels really shaken up and has more aches and pains today. 

Lindybird thanks for more holiday pics, what a wonderful landscape.

Gary thanks for the pics of Toffee and she is really growing bigger but she is just beautiful.  Was the one of her asleep taken after the walk.  Did she do well at puppy classes?

BrendaH  pleased your OH has managed to sort things out and hopefully IR will not be too long in agreeing with him in lowering your daughter's tax bill.

SheilaFE not nice to get a demand for £200 but are you sure you do actually owe it.  My OH says the IR don't know what they are doing half the time.

WendyB so pleased you had a nice meet with OG and enjoyed the day.  I will admit I am not sure about putting a collar on Billie but it is a flea collar and given that we cannot give the treatment in another way at the moment might have to resort to this.

Annette pleased you saw whales again.  What a marvellous sight that must be.

AQ  love the pics of the lizard.  I love reptiles, snakes and lizzards hold an enormous satisfaction for me.

Alan thanks for the link to the man ironing on the motorway, that is priceless.

Geting rather annoying that this "error" message keeps coming up although when checking back can see posts are going.

Have a good day all.

ALICAT  thanks for more photos of Bobbile, she is so cute bless her and has obviously helped you tremendously.

Margobird

• Annette, great you are doing the whale count. Must get a thrill each time:) How is GD getting on? Sorry if I've missed some news.

Lindy, those are some lovely pictures. I agree about the colours.

AQ, those pictures make Mr Lizzard seem bigger than that! wow.

Margobird, so glad you are getting to play with Billie (I take it she's a girl?) She has really adopted you. I can sympathise with your OH. I've lost my prime sopt on the sofa for some reason... lol She did well at classes and graduated! Her and Alison are going to do the next class as well, to do some other stuff.

Alan, amazing link, thanks.

• margobird   Perhaps you should write up the story of Billie. It might make a really interesting read how bit by bit you have got her to accept you.

Gary. Toffee seems to be growing up fast.  Is she still a people magnet when you take her for a walk. I hope to see Opal when I am up north again in a few months time.

• Tiger, she is. It helps that she is SO interested in everyone and thinks that everyone wants to pet her all the time! It takes ages to get anywhere. Hope you get to see Opal. How old is he/she?

• Gary  I think Opal is just about two years old now. I cannot believe that time has gone so quickly.

• Haven’t been on for ages as pretty busy, then on Friday I started with a cold, Saturday I was on duty at Bassenthwaite, and the cold had turned into flu-like symptoms of achey back, sinus pains, feeling cold, head hurts when I cough or walk and my eyes couldn’t possibly look at a computer screen.  Went to work yesterday but came home midday and had a rather long snooze but still slept well last night.  Didn’t go in today but have perked up somewhat. 

Such sad news about Jason, tears...

These replies are to last week’s thread.

I enjoyed the Chris Packham programme, although I thought there were a few errors (they put pandioR instead of pandioN and CP said they flew 3000km, I thought it was 3000 miles, could be wrong).  Beautiful shots of fishing, though I could do without chopping back to his face.

Wendy/Sheila, I was born in Bishops Stortford, but left at 14 months to move to west Herts, so don’t know it at all.  Sheila, your BoG talks link didn’t work for me, try this http://www.boatofgarten.com/events.php

AQ, my foot definitely turned the other direction when I wasn’t looking! Left side did that too, but opposite hands and feet seem to be independent.

Lindy, thanks for the holiday pics, bet it seems ages ago now.

Lynette, I spent some of my inheritance from my mum on a dishwasher too, four years ago, but I told OH it was a present for him as he was the previous dishwasher!

Alicat, beautiful Bobbie pics! She’s such a sweetie.

Terry in Cumbria

• I really enjoyed my first day “on duty” at Bassenthwaite last Saturday and hope I recover in time for my next, this Friday and Saturday (all day, both days!).  We “clicked” about 200 visitors I believe, and that would be just the arrivals at one viewpoint, so double for both.  I started at the lower viewpoint.  Since the birds moved it is now possible to see the nest from there, which wasn’t possible with last year’s nest site.  It’s a long way away but the telescopes are powerful.  Don’t think I can remember exactly what to do to put the telescopes out, will get a reminder on Friday.  I found I was able to answer most of the questions I was asked and enjoyed listening to one of the other volunteers recount the Saga of Mr No-ring several times during the day.  I know more about EJ!  But I’ll soon pick it up.  We swapped to the upper viewpoint later on and the sun came out (I kept my coat on most of the time, as I was feeling chilly inside).  They think Mrs laid an egg on Thursday so she probably had two when I was there and maybe three by now, but with no camera it’s impossible to know numbers until you can count heads, and then only if they all come up at once.  Both birds were on the nest together more than EJ and Odin, and one was eating a fish in a next door tree (I assumed the female had been brought a fish and left the nest to eat it, but someone else said it was the male in the tree).  They are using a bare oak tree, some think it is dead but others say we won’t be able to see much when the leaves come out...have to wait and see.

Terry in Cumbria

• Talking about doodahs and wotsits, I saw this in the paper –

A Senior’s guide to texting:

WTT where’s the thingy?

IMD in my day

CUAGC see you at the garden centre

IMHO is my hearing aid on?

GOC gone on cruise

SYI spending your inheritance

TNAT that nice Alan Titchmarsh

Margo, “I only have to miaow and she appears”  hmmm  LOL!.  So glad she’s got this far. 

Gary!! Great of you to get Miss Toffee a lovely comfy settee.  Isn’t she big! And very pretty. I see you still have a cage around the electronics(?) behind...

Alan, thanks for extreme ironing clip, I particularly enjoyed the advert beforehand, featuring Alicat and Bobbie!

Terry in Cumbria