Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 June 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH and HAPPY SUMMER!

I hope everyone has a good week.

I saw the Red-Bellied Woodpecker pair today. They were both drumming loudly where the walls of my enclosed porch meet the roof. The male flew at the window menacingly when he saw me glaring at him, and then he landed in the tree next to the porch and looked at me defiantly. He knows I'll yell at him for drilling on the house. LOL LOL He's a feisty bird. I was glad to see him with a mate.

Be sure to check back to last week's thread to see the lovely photo posted by Lindy of her granddaughter and Bonnie the dog.

Love and hugs to everyone.

• Good morning from a sunny Suffolk. I have been away for nanny duty again as it was half term here last week. Then went on to friends in Surrey for 2 nights to recover! On Saturday we went into London to see a play - The Hills of California by Jez Butterworth - and it was excellent. Although the Harold Pinter Theatre was very small and the seating very close together. London was also extra busy and noisy as there were lots of football supporters travelling to Wembley for the Champions League final between Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.

Heather it was good to hear you are progressing and AQ my Sister is in a similar situation with her husband but he has dementia - she has to be alert all the time which is exhausting for her. Its good to have caught up with everyones news and hope thoses with ailments recover soon.

Have a good week all

• LINDA – nice pic of Amber and Bonnie to end last week – those two always were great pals.  Also, great to see the Deer at Tatton.

DiANE – thanks for new thread – great news of Woodpecker pair – except for pecking the house!  Sorry it is stormy yet again.

HARELADY – your family certainly keep you busy – but I know some Grandparents enjoy Nanny times.

We went to church Sunday – OH was reading and there were two passages to read.  J told us they had three at his church!  We also had two sermons (2 preachers shared the service) – supposed to be short ones but amounted to more than one normal one!  So we didn’t stay for coffee as we wanted to get various outdoor things done in the afternoon.

I went for a dental check and hygiene visit today – nothing to be done this time.  We then had some messages to do in town – luckily a quick and easy meal this evening.

• Hello all

Thanks LINDY for the pics from Tatton and also the lovely one of Amber and Bonnie.

PAT - I am wondering what kind of tooth repair would cost £400 - maybe a crown? 

OG - would it be appropriate to ask which denomination J favours ? 

ANNETTE - I am not a hoarder but am beginning to wonder what to do with all the china and glassware  in cupboards ! ( So does that make me a hoarder ?) You asked about exercises for balance - I have done them before for vertigo, but the falls I have had are due to hypotension and have happened without  any warning  I crash like a falling tree.  All I can do is take the steroids and drink loads of fluids etc  plus be wary of sudden change of position etc. What a life :-( 

Nothing exciting happening here - youngest son in law is looking after my garden for which I am very very grateful. I

Regards to everyone...

• HEATHER Good to hear from you, take care.

• Hello, Heather.  The front tooth had been built up from the back to make it look like a real one.  The 'whatever it was' that was used was what fell out.  So definitely not a crown - don't think I would ever have one of those.  We have no local dentists who are taking NHS patients, so the £400 is the 'private' cost oif having it replaced.  From the inside, poking around with my tongue - as you do! - it feels enormous, but actually doesn't look too bad from the front.  I have started smiling again ... Not sure where I go from here.

Not a hoarder - just don't like throwing things away!

Overcast and humid here today.  I have decided I need to escape, so am running away to Hever Castle tomorrow for some fresh air.

• Enjoy Hever Castle  Pat. Sounds good.

Showery here today - my OH just come in wet through as he and Bonnie got caught out in a heavy shower whilst on their afternoon walk. I've been cleaning & ironing, but the basket of clothes still looks as full as when I began!    

• My 1st red poppy came out yesterday as we had a bit of sunshine. There are other buds but don't think they will all coincide, just coming out singly.

Thinking of AQ & hoping things have somewhat settled down.