Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 March 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week! I wish a nice Easter to those who celebrate the holiday.

Remember when I heard that big squawk last week? I thought it might be the Great Blue Heron. But it wasn't. It was the big male Pileated Woodpecker, with his glorious red head. This year, the pair is nesting in the woods right across from my front door! I was so happy to see them. They have always been revered birds in my family. 

Love and hugs to everyone! Welcome back, LINDY. It was nice to see LIMPY last week! 

• AQ - I'm dismayed to hear that your OH is not sleeping properly-- it means that neither are you. I wish you could get some help with your situation. <MANY HUGS>

It been a typically wet/sunny day here for the beginning of April. We went through the countryside to visit Sue and discussed the success of my OH's recent family gathering- everyone said it was nice to get together when it was not a funeral, as there have been so many lately. My OHs cousin died whilst we were in Spain and she lived in Bath, which is quite a journey from here: it's been decided that my OH and Sue should represent this side of the family plus a cousin. I'm staying home and looking after a couple of dogs as my contribution. They will drive down there for the day & return  no doubt tired, in the evening.

• OG: Yesterday, I sent you a message on Facebook (Messenger) wishing you a very happy birthday. But I don’t think you saw it. Maybe I should have sent an email. I just wanted to make sure you know I was thinking of you. I hope you had a nice day!

• OG: Yesterday, I sent you a message on Facebook (Messenger) wishing you a very happy birthday. But I don’t think you saw it. Maybe I should have sent an email. I just wanted to make sure you know I was thinking of you. I hope you had a nice day!

• OG - Many (late!) happy returns for yesterday.  Hope you are OK - we haven't seen you for a while.  Hope that's because you have been celebrating ...

• AQ - what a worry that your OH isn’t sleeping. You will be exhausted. Like Lindy, I wonder if there is a way you get get night time help?

After my success in the garden yesterday, I had more jobs planned. However, the weather interfered. As Lindy said it was dull and drizzly pretty much all day. So, Plan B. I cleaned the cooker!!!!! Having done it, I am very pleased. I went down the road to a friend’s for a cup of tea this afternoon. Another friend was there too so we had a good chat. 

• KATE, LINDA, RUSTY – Thank you for your support. OH had a “normal” night last night, ie he started in bed and later slept in his comfy TV chair; in all from 9 pm until 6.30 am. This surprized me as he’d had short naps most of the day and only a 20-min walk. I managed my usual broken 4 hours plus reading to assist with nodding off.

• Diane/bjane:  Nasty weather with chance of tornadoes heading your way?  

• @AQ

As I say Bless you, GRAB your rest when you can.

BIG HUGS

• Glad you got a slightly better sleep AQ.

Diane and bjane - I hope you didn’t  get the tornadoes 

As the weather was nice this morning, I took myself off to RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands. What a great 3 hours I had. So many birds and such nice people everywhere. I needed to get out as I never go far over Easter due to the traffic around here. 
    I called at the garden centre on the way home and bought compost and some new strawberry plants. Got to find the energy to take out the old ones and plant the new ones now. Maybe tomorrow!!! 

• I've been to the seaside!  A friend and I exchange 'surprise days out' for our birthdays.  She took me out at the beginning of March and it was her turn today.  I had hoped to go to Winkworth Arboretum - but with all the rain we've had over the past few weeks, it would have been very muddy and slippery and dangerous.  So that's been postponed.  Instead we went to Worthing for a long walk and fish and chips and lots of sunshine!!!  We were just under the 10,000 steps when we got back to the car - so drove along the coast and walked another 3,000 steps!  Now I'm tired ... it was a lovely day, and the rain held up until I got home.  Now it's raining steadily yet again.  Hey ho!

Hope everyone has been able to make the most of the sunshine - Rusty, you as ever have found some lovely birds!