Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 March 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON and HAPPY LUNAR ECLIPSE!

The moon turns full in the wee hours of Sunday night/early Monday morning, and a penumbral lunar eclipse will occur and be visible in the UK and parts of the US. (This will set the stage for the big April 8 solar eclipse.)

Here's the link for the lunar eclipse/full moon times in London UK, but you can all put your own city, state, and country in the search box for the moon eclipse times in your specific area.

Everyone have a good week!

www.timeanddate.com/.../@2643744

• With lovely cool nights, pleasant autumn days, I gathered ingredients for a thick soup. . . What?! Temp will reach 31 C on Saturday. Enough. It’s time summer was over.

• We are home after a tiring journey back. My hands were so stressed by trying to hold onto suitcase,  bag & stick all at the same time that by the time we got on the plane, my fingers began to lock and I had difficulty eating the (boring) meal we had only an hour after boarding  - we'd not long before eaten lunch so weren't hungry, either. (The flight was over 4 hours)

However, we'd enjoyed our holiday even if my OH was a little grumpy that the second week was rather wet and grey. Nice to be home now and pick up the threads of life. As we left Spain, we could see many preparations for Easter, as they love to party and have big public gatherings for such occasions.

Sorry its still not autumnal for you, AQ. Hope it cools down soon.

• Lindy pleased you home and hope fingers etc soon ease for you.

Woke up to my garden in snow , before the rain now washing it all away.

• Lindy - welcome home. Sorry you had a tiring journey home. I have often said to my friend that you need to be fit to “do” airports etc. Hope you can spend the weekend slowly getting yourselves organised unless you have arranged to see the family. Shame that last week was rather wet. 
    AQ - still hot then? Not really soup weather? Could you send some heat and dryness over here please? I am really hoping to get in the garden this weekend but is is so damp. It is also quite cold. However, when I had a brief walk round yesterday I could see daffs and tête à têtes which needed deadheading and weeds (!) in the front border!!! 
    This morning a couple of friends and I are going to Chester Zoo to look for the snow leopards. It is a member exclusive viewing but I gather there have been big queues. Naturally we will have a nice lunch in the Oakfield bistro whilst we are there!!! Then, for 4 days I will be at home. Lindy will understand when I say I avoid the A55 and surrounding roads at holiday times!!!!!!!!! 

• Sunny Kate - SNOW!!!!!! I said just now that it was cold but - - - - ! 

• Goodness me, snow!! We expected rain as we understand its been grim here. Our garden is colourful, nevertheless, as lots of things blooming to welcome us back. Will try & find a minute to go out & take some pics.

• Welcome home LINDY, shame about the weather, no snow here YET.

• Welcome home Lindybird.  Sounds like you need a rest after that trip home.  Take care.

• KATE – Snow!!! The only snow I’ve seen close up was some slushy stuff by the side of the road in Tasmania, er, far too many years ago.

RUSTY – You are welcome to our weather, expecting max 30 C today, 31 tomorrow. The nights are cool, down to 12 C. No rain and I am waiting for rain to re plant my crocus & scillas which I dug & divided.

LINDA – Welcome home. Too bad the airport & plane spoilt your holiday.

• We've been lucky and the sun shone here all morning, perfect for me to fill the washing line with all our shorts & shirts & get started on putting everything away, as Easter approaches and also tomorrow is my OH's 80th birthday. I've bought him a wooden garden chair to sit near the house when he has a quick coffee. A large parcel arrived today from our Eldest but he has not opened it - I am intrigued. 

Hope the snow is the last we will see in the UK until next winter. No snow here but we've felt cold, of course, after being in warmer climes. Easter is really early this year so it's not surprising that there no question of sitting in the garden yet!