Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 March 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new tomorrow morning in the UK and the US. it's a supermoon, and it will approach earth closer than any moon during the entire year of 2024! 

In the US we also turn our clocks forward at 2 a.m. tonight.

I walked to my small town yesterday to get some groceries. As I crossed the bridge over my creek, I noticed that the water is coming back. When the state replaced the bridge and widened the roads, they diverted and drained the water during the construction. It was nice to see the water flowing again. I so hope the Great Blue Heron will come back now. I've missed him. I also hope the pair of Mallard Ducks will return.

Everyone have a good week!

• Pat, we had the 1st night of our honeymoon in an old hotel in Southport, many aeons ago. Then we drove on up to The Lake District from there. Southport is still slightly old fashioned and very pleasant, with a good promenade.

• We are now relaxing into our holiday, after a jittery start. 3 days before flying, I felt decidedly unwell and had to admit it to my OH. There followed a couple of days of worry: should we go? I tried to stumble on, packing and tidying like you do before you go. I felt better occasionally, and grew optimistic. However, by the evening before we were supposed to be leaving, I felt headachy and tested my blood pressure, which had risen over those 3 days. I ended up ringing the helpline on the NHS at 8.00pm. They passed me around & after describing my symptoms & our situation, I was given an appointment at the Out of Hours Doctor who is based in our A & E department.

This meant my OH driving me more than  12 miles at 10.00pm. After seeing the Doc, who assured me that although I had raised blood pressure, I seemed OK, and he then passed on my blood tests to be done. I was texted at 2.30am with results! All fine apparently. I appreciated that as I was getting stressed about not feeling good, it was putting my blood pressure up! We then went to bed at midnight and got up at 5.00am for our flight. Of course, I felt like a limp rag for two days but at least we're here....

Still have a slight dizziness and have said I will see my GP on our return. <sigh>

• View from my kitchen sink here, this morning. The mountains are several miles away across a desert like terrain, and to the right of the picture, out of sight, is the sea.