Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 March 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new tomorrow morning in the UK and the US. it's a supermoon, and it will approach earth closer than any moon during the entire year of 2024! 

In the US we also turn our clocks forward at 2 a.m. tonight.

I walked to my small town yesterday to get some groceries. As I crossed the bridge over my creek, I noticed that the water is coming back. When the state replaced the bridge and widened the roads, they diverted and drained the water during the construction. It was nice to see the water flowing again. I so hope the Great Blue Heron will come back now. I've missed him. I also hope the pair of Mallard Ducks will return.

Everyone have a good week!

• Hi Diane:   Thank you!     How long since you've had water in that creek - wonderful that it's flowing just in time for spring. 

Still busy here, but most of the major work is done and I'm hoping we'll tie up 90% of the loose ends by this time next week. 

Have a good Sunday and a good week everyone. 

• Diane - thank you for starting us off. So glad your creek has water flowing again. 
    Annette - very pleased that the work is nearly complete. You must be exhausted. I am sure it will all be worthwhile. 
    I am not going for my usual Sunday morning walk with my friend because it is pouring down. It is dull and not very nice. 
    Just thinking that Lindy will be glad to get away from this kind of weather. 

• Happily Diane wildlife always seems to find the  water . Please let me know when the Heron and Mallards return. I'm rooting for them and for you    Smile

• Good morning, and Happy Mothering Sunday to those in the UK.  I have cards from both our Daughters – one always manages to find a “real” one for Mothering Sunday, the other usually makes do with the secular “Mothers’ Day”  but it’s good to hear from them.

DIANE – thanks for the new thread and for filling us in on the moon progress.  You hadn’t mentioned the creek being cut off, but it is good to hear that it is flowing again, and the wildlife will soon find their favourite places again.

ANNETTE – congratulations as you near completion of your Granddaughter’s new home.  I am sure all the family are very grateful, and I hope a new job, schools for MsD and their new life near you and your Daughter will work out well for everyone.

RUSTY – sorry you have so much rain and cannot have your walk with Friend.  We haven’t gone to church today as I was quite unwell yesterday – seem better today but couldn’t be sure when we first woke up this morning.  There are some light rain showers here but the birds (mostly Finches) seem happy enough in between.

EE is hoping for some drier time this afternoon, to remove a couple of old trellis panels which have served their time in the garden.  I shall be “taking it easy” this afternoon in preparation for dentist extractions (1,2 or 3) tomorrow – she will start with one and see how much I can tolerate in the one session.

• Thank you so much for starting us off. Glad the creek is getting back to normal. Fingers crossed for the G B Heron!

Rusty, sorry its too damp for your walk. What a shame. 

Annette -- You must all be tired now, it sounds like a lot of work. Hopefully all worth it to see her settled. Try and rest between bouts of activity!

OG -- Sorry to hear that you've not been feeling too good. Perhaps today will be better. Hope the extractions are painless and quick.

Its damp here, with predicted showers. My OH has cooked us a yummy lunch of roast beef and I served a bought cheesecake afterwards. Now both of us resting!! My sons sent cards for Mothers Day and one of them an extravagant bouquet of flowers. Sadly I will have to give it to a neighbour soon, as we are going away soon. 

• Missing AQ -- Come on  AQ, it's not too bad now as its improved (a bit!). Hope all well with you.

• Lindy - the rain never stopped all day yesterday and the golf course is closed again!! I have signed up to play in the Lady Captains Drive In a week on Saturday. I hope the course dries up a bit. It is a real problem for the greenkeepers. The course has never recovered from being flooded when the river overtopped before Christmas.Shame about the flowers. Enjoy them while you can and take a photo of them to have with you on holiday. Your neighbour will be pleased. 

OG - good luck with the extractions, it won’t be much fun. Hope you can manage to get them all done in one go.

• I’m back. My lock is fixed!! Hooray!!!

OG - thinking of you. Hope all went well. 

• Another hot sleepless night. Min temp hasn’t dropped below 24 C for a week. Last 2 days the max has been 39, expecting a cooler max today, “only” 33 C. Too hot in computer room, too hot to read, eat, exist.

• AQ - Sending you some of our cold, grey, damp weather ... you're very welcome to it!  Although I do sympathise with your heat.  A friend of mine is staying in Melbourne and they have been in the mid 30s for the last few days.  Phew!!