Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week!

I don't have any interesting stories to tell. I haven't been outdoors. Sunday, February 4, is the exact midpoint between the winter solstice and the spring equinox in the UK/US. My temps are predicted to warm up this week. We had some glorious sunshine today. The new moon is Friday, February 9.

Wishing healing for HEATHER and safety for ANNETTE. The news reports of that impending storm are ominous.

Hugs and love to everyone!

• Tiger! Long time, no see. Yes, Diane is in the path of the total eclipse - I think for just a minute or three but she may be able to drive east and be in it for longer. And my friend is flying to stay with a friend in Austin Texas to see it. I looked a flights, hotels to Tx also but they were booked months ago (at exorbitant prices!)
  • A total eclipse must be quite something to witness.

A pic of some of the snowdrops in our garden, coming out fully now:

• More, planted into a tub. So nice to see as for me it marks the winter coming to an end, although we do have weeks to go, yet.

• Some of the camellia buds are opening, but may yet be browned by the frost which is coming soon.

• Unknown said:
    Tiger! Long time, no see. Yes, Diane is in the path of the total eclipse - I think for just a minute or three but she may be able to drive east and be in it for longer. And my friend is flying to stay with a friend in Austin Texas to see it. I looked a flights, hotels to Tx also but they were booked months ago (at exorbitant prices!)

THere is a story about that. I was trying to encourage Diane to see the 2017 eclipse. Then I said to her let us look at where the 2024 solar eclipse goes. When I looked I realised that it went right over Diane's house. Thus she didn't mind waiting the seven years.

See the video    You are So Vain

Two questions.  Identify the possible solar eclipse or eclipses. Who was she singing about? 

• LINDA – When I am doing nothing (ie reading or trying to add another para to The Family Story), yes. I am doing “nothing” and can be interrupted by OH >sigh>

Overnight drop in temp. Today only 24 C. A few more weeds removed. A green soccer ball is nestling next to my tomato bushes. A few days ago I almost tripped over a black soccer ball – sun was in my eyes. I tossed it over the back fence, 3 mins later it was back. Little brat then disappeared, or at least I could not hear him. I returned it because he knew I was in my garden. I’m not sure when I shall “find” the green ball.

• Tiger: I've no idea which eclipse Carly referred to, but it's rumored she had Warren Beatty in mind for the title....

AQ: Your little neighbor obviously sees you as a potential playmate, but what with your OH's interruptions, probably not a good thing to encourage. :-) . We tend to get foam bullets or whatever shot over the fence by neighbor's kiddies.

Storm was pretty strong here with flooding near the beach where a creek meets the ocean.  Trees down too, but really, not too unlike similar bad weather in the UK.

• James Taylor is my guess
  • bjane wrote the following post at 5 Feb 2024 3:07 PM:

James Taylor is my guessAnd from the comments...

..................................................................................................

Maybe he was one of the THREE or even Mick Jagger

In an interview Carly Simon said that the song is about 3 men, one of whom was Warren Beatty. The other one has to be Jack Nicholson, who is a perpetual ladies man, loves to dance around amongst groupings of people, and both men are known to wear hats and scarfs.

• Now you only got to do the eclipses of the sun.