Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week!

I don't have any interesting stories to tell. I haven't been outdoors. Sunday, February 4, is the exact midpoint between the winter solstice and the spring equinox in the UK/US. My temps are predicted to warm up this week. We had some glorious sunshine today. The new moon is Friday, February 9.

Wishing healing for HEATHER and safety for ANNETTE. The news reports of that impending storm are ominous.

Hugs and love to everyone!

• Hey Diane; you deserve warm temperatures and a neighborhood full of your favorite critters. Roll on springtime in Indiana. :-)

It's been an odd and disrupted day, to the extent that I've decided that I'm going to celebrate my birthday tomorrow (if royalty can have actual vs. ceremonial birthdays, so can I!). And I'm going to do that by keeping my phone on silent all day. Bliss!

Take care all.
  • DIANE – Thank you for starting us. Adelaide was supposed to reach 36 C today. It did. . . and continued up. Now mid pm it is 39.6 C. Please collect as much sun & heat as you wish. PS We are expecting a cool change this eve, dropping to 25 max tomorrow. Please take heat anyway.

ANNETTE – Happy Birthday. I hope you have a lovely quiet day.

HEATHER – Welcome home.

• Memories of boarding school and incarceration in hospital beds mean I do not want ever to be in an aged care home. And this report gives me the horrors ; those legless things. Shiver.

• Heather - great to see you are home - Im sure the family are keeping an eye on you. Continue the recovery.

Annette - Happy Birthday and enjoy your day and meal.

No time for much else but have a good week all.

• Thank you Diane. I hope you get some warmer weather soon and for AQ - I hope you get some cooler weather! Here it is quite mild although I think strong winds are forecast for later.
    Annette - of course you can celebrate your birthday tomorrow!!! Great idea to turn your phone off. Hope you have a relaxing time.
    Have a good week everyone.
  • Thanks RUSTY we will do our best despite the weather.
  • Many thanks to dear Diane for starting us off again. Sorry it's so wintery there, hope it warms up soon. Keep snug indoors.

AQ - Similarly, sorry it's so unbearably hot. That sounds horrendous. You mustn't feel like doing much, if anything. Sit and read!

Annette - Sorry your birthday became a non event. Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!

It's been cloudy here but not too cold so we did a little gardening this morning. Cut out some brown leaves from an exotic looking palm bush in the front garden - it hadn't liked the freezing nights. I wore strong gloves as the leaves are lethal - very sharp and knife like, and my OH stood beside me to help. "Be very careful where you stand" I warned, as the daffodils are coming up and some even have heads on them now, right next to where we were working. A few minutes later I looked down and three daffs were flat on the ground. Sigh. His big feet.....

I got scratched on my leg even though I was wearing thick tights and old trousers.  At least it all looks tidier now. I've been trying to sort out some books which found their way into the sitting room- - mostly cookbooks which I think "one day, I'll try that recipe". When that day will be, I don't know! But can't bear to part with the books.

• I know this will cause hilarity to those who know what my shoe collection is like!! ;-)

• Another for AQ and other book lovers:

• Unknown said:

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week!

I don't have any interesting stories to tell. I haven't been outdoors. Sunday, February 4, is the exact midpoint between the winter solstice and the spring equinox in the UK/US. My temps are predicted to warm up this week. We had some glorious sunshine today. The new moon is Friday, February 9.

Wishing healing for HEATHER and safety for ANNETTE. The news reports of that impending storm are ominous.

Hugs and love to everyone!

Are you all ready for the solar eclipse  on 8 April?